Did They Really Just Play That?

That’s safe enough to do on its DAB stations, I’m not sure if they would play it on their main FM station though, but it would be good if they did.

2 Likes

100% agree. I always remember FM104 (4MMM) in the 80s played a LOT of female rock artists, and had a much broader definition of rock. They would definitely have played the Tori Amos song had it been around.

4 Likes

I don’t get Triple M Tradie Radio at all. Right now they’re playing “Close To Me” by The Cure. Not the original version, but that weird remix from the early '90s. Can’t see too many tradies rocking out to that.

TBH I’m a bit surprised that it’s not back-to-back Foo Fighters, Powderfinger and AC/DC.

5 Likes

At the moment it’s a really weird hybrid of predecessor Triple M 90s and the current Triple M 2000s. In my view it’s not a bad mix, but it really doesn’t suit the supposed target audience.

2 Likes

Peach by Prince on SWR at 4:52pm this afternoon.

1 Like

What’s wrong with that?

4BH right now - Pump Up the Jam!

4 Likes

I can just picture the rusted on 4BH oldies pumping up the jam right now on their walking frames and mobility scooters.

3 Likes

Triple M Melbourne played the Art of Noise/Tom Jones cover of Prince’s Kiss this afternoon as part of Awesome 80s Friday. Certainly stood out among everything else played.

3 Likes

Definitely getting their booty on the floor tonight - and keeping paramedics and operating theatres busy with hip and knee replacements!

5 Likes

While overall I like the mix on 4BH they do need to refine it a bit, especially at breakfast. They play some pretty heavy stuff at breakfast in particular, like ACDC, Cold Chisel. It’s a bit out of format for 4BH especially at breakfast.

4 Likes

I’m not old enough yet to need a Zimmer frame or mobility scooter :blush:
I still like to listen to late 80s /90s dance hits

3 Likes

Just heard on GNFM, two songs back to back with very similar opening lyrics

Dreadlock Holiday - 10CC (“I was walking down the street” as the first line).

Can’t Help Myself - Icehouse (“She comes walking down the street” as the first line).

Quite a coincidence, I’m sure it wasn’t planned like that.

3 Likes

tori amos gets played on the metro mms was on often when triple m did the night show rage against the 90s i miss that show

4 Likes

probably still valid considering smooth’s “feel good” positioning, but still felt weird to hear this on Smooth Perth on Saturday - a little upbeat for Smooth (even though I do like the song)

No Mercy Where do you go Lyrics - YouTube

3 Likes

Yeah Smooth has drifted so far from where it started. That song doesn’t fit IMO. Smooth UK hasn’t gone down this path

5 Likes

Grinspoon - Chemical Heart was played on ABC Radio National this morning.

To be fair, Hamish had just interviewed Phil Jamieson, the lead singer from Grinspoon about their upcoming tour. But I have to say I’d never thought of the Grinners as being much of an RN-type band

4 Likes

Given RN is an “Arts” station, they could play anything since it’s so broad.

1 Like

This morning on 4BH,Kid Rock ,”All Summer Long “
Do you count a song that was released 14 years ago a Classic Hit?

4 Likes

I would. Say the year was 1990 you would regard a song from 1976 a classic hit.

2 Likes