Did They Really Just Play That?

Wednesday night in between 8-9PM on Dave Gleason’s Nights show on MMM, they played Limp Bizkit - Rollin (Air Raid Vehicle). I speculated it may have been a loose reference to WrestleMania being on this weekend with the song being The Undertaker’s theme when he was the American Bad Ass rather than the Deadman in the early 2000s, but I suspect that this was more random than anything.

4 Likes

Yes they do play some odd stuff at times.

I think it was Tuesday when I heard this one… its a folk song…

The only played it because they were talking about a band called Ask Carol, a Norwegian pop duo who play to cows in a field.

2 Likes

Triple M Sydney played this song today

Roar - Katy Perry

:expressionless:

2 Likes

Is it me, or is April 1 a disappointment this year?

2 Likes

Yep, you got me!

Happy AFD.

1 Like

‘Cows With Guns’ by Dana Lyons used to be played quite regularly on JJJ and even Triple M in the 90s and early 2000s. I do remember going ‘WTF’ when I first heard it, though.

4 Likes

Yeah it actually used be played a lot on Triple M for a while, and also B105 if I recall correctly.

2 Likes

Beyonce, Halo on Triple M CQ this morning. I thought this song would of been more suited for Hit.

2 Likes

Top 300 Singers of All Time - had Adele, Keith Urban etc too.

1 Like

That makes sense then. I should of had a bit more of a listen.

2 Likes

Mariah’s “Emotions” was in there, Whitney’s “I Will Always Love You” was #3

2 Likes

Definitely Whitney deserves to be up there. I am guessing Freddie Mercury was number 1 and maybe Stevie Nicks number 2? They would of been my top 2 choices :blush:

2 Likes

I heard Monsters by Something for Kate on Tuesday morning on Triple M Melbourne as part of the metro version of the top singers countdown (Paul Dempsey at about 200 I think). It’s a song I never hear on the metro M’s, but I wouldnt mind if they played some of that 2000s stuff more often.

3 Likes

Regional was #1 Freddie, #2 Farnham, #3 Whitney, #4 Springsteen, #5 Christine McVie

2 Likes

Would had thought Michael Jackson would be in the top 5.

3 Likes

And Madonna.

1 Like

looks like you wanna be starting something mate :wink:

5 Likes

That’s BAD!

3 Likes

I turned Triple M Hobart on today as I jumped in the car…They were doing the regional version of the countdown, and was shocked to hear, Celine Dion, My heart will go on…Then later Beyoncé…

Our Hobart version on the MMMMMM’s has never really been rock based, however I think it’s safe to say once great rock brand, rolled in its grave today…

7 Likes

Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science

On Rebel FM… :astonished:

10 Likes