Portugal. The Man Feel It Still

Eminem The Real Slim Shady

they also played this in the previous hour or so
WHAT THE FUCK
triple m perth sucks

Only Triple J plays this song

1 Like

What were you thinking when you played this one??? @anonymousbroadcaster

Love it! Not heard it since Bass and Pilko were on air at 2uw in the late 80s into the start of the 90s.

2 Likes

Gold 104.3 playing Foo Fighters while
Triple M plays Tears for Fears

Never thought I’d see the day.

7 Likes

What TFF song was Triple M playing?

1 Like

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

4 Likes

And in that same vein, Triple M Sydney just played John Farnham’s “Pressure Down”. Even more puzzling is that it was song #99 in their “Oztober 300” countdown, a bit odd from a station not known for playing Farnham.

I think the regionals are running the same countdown, but are about 5 songs behind Sydney right now (Midnight Oil’s “Blue Sky Mine” was just on at #103 there).

3 Likes

Triple M used to play John Farnham a lot in the late 80s (well at least EON FM Melbourne did - given Glenn Wheatley owned this station at the time and managed Farnham).

5 Likes

Pub With No Beer on MMM Brisbane just before… WoW!

7 Likes

Great song, belongs on Nova, not Triple M.

1 Like

Could they be using this ‘listener compiled countown’ as a turning point for a change in music, to either the Perth format or closer to the regional network style??

1 Like

Well I mean, what has been Triple M hasn’t rated all that well in Perth recently (and in some other metro cities), so if they can regain listeners by doing something different than strictly rock and more alternative, then roll out the MMM Perth fornat I say!

3 Likes

Not as odd as playing 12th Man - Marvellous at 288 when it should have been 222 if played at all.

4 Likes

Love that ngl

1 Like

And Farnesy was a back up singer on that as well (the ‘Snowy’ mentioned toward the end). As well as Barnesy (‘Curly’).

4 Likes

I know this was part of an 80s weekend, but just prior to 830 AM AEST the MMM regional network would have been exposed to Martika - I Feel The Earth Move. Not sure why else they’d drag out some of Marta Marrero’s (real name) work for any other reason.

2 Likes

They also played Wham!'s “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” on Sunday as well.

Personally, this is one song I can’t stand.

2 Likes

Jimmy Barnes- Let’s Make It Last All Night

Radio Caroline (UK). I never knew ‘Two Fires’ made it big over there.

6 Likes

On 2 Triple O 98.5 Sydney today they played

Breathless - The Corrs

I don’t think I’ve heard them play an English language song before being an ethnic station.

2 Likes