Dancing with the Stars

TVT says this is now expected in 2022, which is great news. Another series this year was so unnecessary.

3 Likes

better programming decision, but why are they in such a rush to film it in a lockdown without an audience?
if its not going to air until 2022 surely they can wait a few more weeks to film when audiences are allowed.

3 Likes

It was planned to fill the void left by Australia’s Got Talent.

1 Like

If the talent is available now, I suppose they have to film now.

They may not be available later, particularly when lockdowns lift.

3 Likes

I will watch this Sam Mac a heart of gold

2 Likes

That was revealed at the start of the week:

1 Like

Aka. Go for the older & total people viewers. Probably a sensible strategy given the competition. Will be more successful than Holey Moley.

2 Likes

Full cast announcement.

2 Likes

Acknowledging the Ten years. Finally a mature decision.

Decent casting again - this show seems to have goodwill with its former cast.

11 Likes

You got your wish :grin:

2 Likes

Is Daryl still hosting this?

1 Like

Unfortunately, yes.

If they really went down the road of nostalgia they should consider Dan McPherson to host this series with Sonia Kruger. He’s been hosting the show for as long as Daryl has and is universally liked compared to daggy Daryl.

3 Likes

Back together again after their 2014 series.

Bridie Carter might be paired with Craig Monley again.

Big Thumbs up overall for this lineup. Probably the biggest and best they’ve had in years.

Let’s get ready to rumba!

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars returns for a second season

Hot on the heels of its successful 2021 season, the Seven Network today announced the star-studded cast for the second season of Dancing With The Stars: All Stars returning to Channel 7 and 7plus in 2022.

Hosted by Daryl Somers and Sonia Kruger, Dancing With The Stars: All Stars features DWTS royalty – including winners, finalists and all-time fan favourites – competing alongside four wildcard entrants for the prestigious mirror ball trophy.

Returning Dancing With The Stars series winners including TV personality Grant Denyer (Season 4, 2006), actress Bridie Carter (Season 7, 2007) and former AFL players David Rodan (Season 14, 2014) and Anthony Koutoufides (Season 5, 2006) are firm favourites heading into the second season, but can they reproduce their winning style up against their new competition?

Other returning All Stars looking to claim victory include singer-songwriter Ricki-Lee (Season 14, 2014), The Morning Show co-host Kylie Gillies (Season 9, 2009) and entertainer Courtney Act (Season 16, 2019).

Also putting their best foot forward in this hotly contested competition are actress Olympia Valance (Season 16, 2019), reality TV star Angie Kent (Season 17, 2020) and actor and entertainer Rob Mills (Season 9, 2009).

This season’s wildcard entrants are Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac, model and TV presenter Kris Smith, music artist Deni Hines and actor Cameron Daddo, who are set to shimmy and shake things up as the dancefloor’s dark horses.

Seven Network Programming Director, Angus Ross, said: “The first season of All Stars was the perfect mix of entertainment, celebrity and fierce competition, proving a stand-out hit with Australian audiences.

“We have a fantastic cast ready to hit the dancefloor for season two. With a history of multiple perfect scores in the ranks, it’s going to be a brilliant series.”

Todd McKenney, Helen Richey, Paul Mercurio and Mark Wilson will make a welcome return to the Dancing With The Stars: All Stars judging panel.

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars is produced by Warner Bros International Television Production Australia and BBC Studios, from a format created by the BBC and distributed by BBC Studios.

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars 2022

The Stars:
Bridie Carter
Ricki-Lee
Grant Denyer
Kylie Gillies
Courtney Act
Anthony Koutoufides
Olympia Valance
David Rodan
Rob Mills
Angie Kent

The Wildcards:
Sam Mac
Kris Smith
Deni Hines
Cameron Daddo

5 Likes

I do like the lineup for this series. 7 nailed it this time round

2 Likes

Kris Smith previously appeared on The Chase as a celebrity contestant

This is a great line up. I got a lot that I wished I would hope to see. And it will be great to see Courtney act back as well.

2 Likes

Registration for virtual audience has closed. The season will be filmed at the following dates (all sections start at 7.30pm Sydney time):
Wednesday 22 September
Thursday 23 September
Monday 27 September
Tuesday 28 September
Saturday 2 October
Sunday 3 October
Friday 8 October

1 Like

What is a virtual audience?

People watching via a special link on Zoom after they have pre-registered, similar to The Masked Singer.

2 Likes