Dancing with the Stars

Everyone’s suffering in one way or another. Not everything’s about Melbourne. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That version was live and voting was done by home viewers.

2 Likes

Melbourne doesn’t close the film industry down for lockdowns and Sydney is fucked for a long time now, rest of 2021. Plus yes, Sydney took a lot of productions up there this year.

1 Like

It isn’t Sydney locking down productions. It’s the networks or studios who are doing that. The balancd has been in Melbourne’s favour for a long time. No need to get snarky now that they shift the other way for one reason or another.

Bullshit…?
Since when?

Melbourne local productions have halved in the last 18 months. Especially from the Seven Network who is greatly opting for Sydney production. Let me know if there is anything that I’ve missed.

Currently 36 productions from Melbourne

7 The Front Bar

7 The House Of Wellness

7 Tokyo 2020 Olympics

7 AFL Coverage

7 Cricket Coverage

7 Homicide with Ron Iddles

9 Millionaire Hot Seat

9 The Block

9 AFL Sunday Footy Show

9 Footy Classifieds

9 The Weakest Link

9 First at Five News (weekends)

9 Postcards (Victoria)

9 Tennis Coverage

10 Master Chef Australia

10 The Project (weekdays)

10 Have You Been Paying Attention

10 The Cheap Seat

10 Neighbours

10 Five Bedrooms

10 Goggle Box

10 How To Stay Married

ABC News Breakfast

ABC Insiders

ABC Offsiders

ABC The World

ABC Afternoon Briefing

ABc Q&A

ABC Backroads (production based from Melbourne)

ABC Mad As Hell

ABC Hard Quiz

ABC The Weekly

ABC Spicks and Specks

ABC Gardening Australia

ABC The Newsreader

ABC Jack Irish

Currently 99 productions from Sydney

7 Early News

7 Sunrise

7 Weekend Sunrise

7 The Morning Show

7 Morning News

7 News Spotlight

7 The Latest

7 National Afternoon News (Weekends)

7 The Chase

7 Home & Away

7 Better Homes & Gardens

7 Sydney Weekender

7 Big Brother

7 Dancing With The Stars

7 The Voice

7 Australia’s Got Talent

7 Farmer Wants A Wife (production based from Sydney)

7 SAS (production based from Sydney)

7 REDS (production based from Sydney)

7 Australian Gangster

7 Australia Now and Then

9 Early News

9 Today Show

9 Weekend Today

9 Today Extra

9 Morning News

9 Sports Sunday

9 NRL Sunday Footy Show

9 A Current Affair

9 60 Minutes

9 Late News Sunday

9 100% Footy

9 NRL Coverage

9 Married at First Sight

9 Ninja Warrior

9 Lego Masters

9 Doctor Doctor

9 Beauty and the Geek

9 Celebrity Apprentice

9 Love Island Australia (production run from Sydney)

9 Travel Guides (production run from Sydney)

9 The Hundred

10 Studio 10

10 The Sunday Project

10 First at Five (Weekend News)

10 The Mask Singer

10 The Livingroom

10 Australian Survivor (production based from Sydney)

10 The Bachelor

10 The Bachelorette

10 Making it Australia

10 Goggle Box

10 The Cube

10 I’m A Celebrity (production based from Sydney)

10 The Secret She Keeps

10 Hughesy We Have A Problem

10 Bondi Rescue

10 Ambulance Australia

10 The Dog House Australia

ABC News 24

ABC Midday News

ABC The Drum

ABC Four Corners

ABC 7.30

ABC One Plus One

ABC Late News

ABC Four Conners

ABC Foreign Correspondents (based from Sydney)

ABC Media Watch

ABC Planet America

ABC China Tonight

ABC Q&A

ABC Weekend Breakfast

ABC Catalyst

ABC Rage

ABC Win The Week

ABC Gruen

ABC Wakefield

ABC Play School

SBS Insight

SBS Dateline

SBS World News

SBS World News Late

SBS Sport

SBS The Feed

SBS Living Black

SBS Letters & Numbers

SBS Mastermind Australia

SBS Who Do You Think You Are

2 Likes

With respect, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Work has dried up here for freelancers, if it wasn’t for two major US programs here, it’d be very quiet.

3 Likes

Maybe if Seven weren’t airing stripped down (aka rushed) versions of all their formats they wouldn’t get to half way through the year and realise they need to bring something back to pad a few weeks at the end of the year.

Seems a bit short sighted of them to commission versions of shows which have clearly been stripped back to cut costs when they end up having to commissioned two or three extra series to fill the weeks left at the end of the year.

2 Likes

Could they not do an online audience like the masked singer does or just leave it up to the judges?

who are they going to cast if this is an all stars version? The last season was well cast and used up all the genuine all-stars. Ada, Bec, Luke, Tom, Manu, Fifi, Lincoln, Jamie were all amongst the most memorable, i cant think of many that would be viable. Cosentino said he wouldn’t do it, Chris Bath and Matt White are at ten, who else is there?

1 Like

Hanson won’t be in it with her being barred from Sunrise

I don’t know why they have to do another ‘All-Stars’ series. Talk about flogging a horse to death. They should just do a regular series, get Luke Jacobz or someone else good to host with Sonia and be done with it.

Matt White’s now at SEN and is also said to appear on the Paralympics coverage so he could be a contender if they’re going down this path. If Chris Bath is freelancing with 10 then I don’t see why she wouldn’t be an option. They’ll probably go with someone like Ash Pollard or Danny Green though. After all they do love hiring unlikeable/undesirable personalities in a lot of their shows.

A good ‘All-Stars’ cast would be: Anh Do, Toni Pearen, Mark Beretta, Jess Rowe, Chris Hemsworth (the ultimate get), Grant Denyer, Larry and Kylie, Tina Arena and Ricki-Lee plus Samuel Johnson and Claudia Karvan (if Seven can put down their pettiness towards other networks which I doubt they will).

2 Likes

The olympics has produced some new household names, and there would be a lot of people from the arts community out of work atm. A normal DWTS version should be very viable.

I just had a look at the past casting, if they have to do an all stars. maybe Dicko and Mark Holden could return to tv? also Brynne Edelsten, Bridie Carter, Ricki-Lee, Tim Campell, Matt shervington could be contenders? but still that would be an inferior cast to last season.

Yuck no thanks.

Better, but you’re right it’s underwhelming.

As I said they should do a regular season next year. The ‘All-Stars’ spinoff is a one season hit and it won’t work again.

Some great names there!

1 Like

I would love to see Bridie Carter and David Rodan again as well. David would be available outside football season and has become a favourite goal umpire.

3 Likes

Great cast potential!

1 Like

Hemsworth will draw viewers. Samuel Johnson won it on the 10 version

2 Likes

I’d rather 7 finish the year with 2 weeks of Highway Patrol repeats than another season of Dancing. Save it for ‘after the winter Olympics’

1 Like

Absolutely he will. Worth throwing the $$$ at him for sure.

3 Likes