Cyclone Debbie

Looks like Karl’s shift is over:

Weather graphics:

Social media:

6 Likes

But that’s my point.

All networks are broadcasting this nationally.

If it were just Brisbane/QLD, my opinion would be different (i.e.) it’d be fine.

Hence why I think viewers wanting to watch the news currently in Sydney or Melbourne (for example), would probably warm to/want to watch Nat Barr & Michael Usher’s national bulletin (rather than the bulletin on Nine, which could be considered more local than not).

2 Likes

What on earth is NTD?

2 Likes

Darwin evidently.

1 Like

thanks! Why would they broadcast from Darwin of all places?

Reporter on channel 7 just now advised people to stay indoors with families and maybe make some babies !!!

2 Likes

Seven are a joke these days.

@EuroKick The coverage was upscaled SD so it was it was possibly coming out of NTD (Nine Darwin).

I don’t think 9 care what the interstate audience think in this coverage. They’d care about who Queenslanders trust and know.

7 Likes

I suspect they’d more care about the ‘ratings’…

2 Likes

QTQ is also broadcast in SD. Wouldn’t it logically always be done from Brisbane in situations like this? I don’t think Darwin has ever broadcast anything nationally.

5 Likes

They have used the TDE desk in the past but really they could do with something a little bit more versatile.

Nat and Michael are an excellent pairing on-air. Working really well together and with reporters in the field.

4 Likes

Agree

Nat is wasted on morning fluffy shows. Front her on Seven News. Replace Fergo and I’ll switch in.

2 Likes

According to News 24, ABC Local radio in Townsville has been knocked off-air.

1 Like

ABC News 24 also advising the digital TV transmitter at Bowen is running on low battery power.

From Facebook:

ABC North Queensland
2 hrs ·
Power is out in #Bowen, our FM radio transmitter is also out. Bowen residents tune to 630AM for emergency updates. ABC TV’s digital transmitter for Bowen is now running on battery power, likely to run out in 2 hours.

2 Likes

Can’t they shut ABC ME and ABC2 off and just leave News24 and the Main channel to conserve power?

1 Like

It doesn’t work that way.

Katrina Blowers was just on 3AW radio & said “yes I know, we’ve copped a lot of shit on social media today” :grin:

(She probably said “stick” or something, but anyway, that’s what is sounded like)

GASP. How Naughty!

6 Likes

I think you mean ABC Local radio has been knocked out in Bowen. It’s a smallish FM relay transmitter there. There’s no back up power at that site.

No reason why Townsville on AM would be off the air.