Cyclone Debbie

1 Like

The weather conditions eventually got the better of Paul Burt and he had to take shelter. They eventually cut the feed as the power lines on the street started swaying!

6 Likes

Karl Stefanovic is still at Emergency HQ crossing back to Melissa in the studio.

3 Likes

Confirmed, it’s coming from QTQ.

1 Like

5 Likes

Your EPG hasn’t updated by the looks of it.

My EPG on GTV 9 Melbourne has Nine News Special (Includes Sneak Peek - THE V…

Where else would It be coming from?

1 Like

I thought that the Today & Sunrise Special Edition has finished?

I think in the instance of rolling coverage, the policy at Nine is any morning coverage will be Today-branded and anything post-midday in the most relevant timezone (not AEDT or whatever Luke was saying) will roll into Nine News.

4 Likes

9news.com.au slide used in the place of ad breaks:

4 Likes

Sunrise finished just after 1pm AEDT, going to Seven News.
Today finished at 2pm, going to Nine News.

Meanwhile …

13 Likes

What a nutter.

2 Likes

clutches pearls

1 Like

Why isn’t national coverage coming from Nine Sydney with someone like Deborah Knight?

I much prefer Seven’s (and others) in that regard.

I think in these situations, a national perspective with nationally well known faces is better. I don’t know who Melissa Downs is, never even seen her present before. I’d imagine of all TV viewers, there is probably a larger audience still watching in Sydney & Melbourne?

Just a thought.

1 Like

Uh, because the cyclone is impacting Queensland?

Your ignorance aside, the people of Queensland know who Melissa Downes is, and I’m sure they’d rather hear it from her than someone down south.

9 Likes

NTD???

Channel 7 really need to invest in another desk that can fit more than one person.

2 Likes

I actually thought 7’s coverage has been pretty dull and lacklustre. Ended up enjoying Nine most of the time. 10 wasn’t too bad as well.

1 Like

Samantha Heathwood has taken over from Karl at Emergency HQ on Nine.
Davina Smith reporting on social media.

5 Likes

Same reason it isn’t coming from Melbourne. [quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:162, topic:2764”]
I think in these situations, a national perspective with nationally well known faces is better.
[/quote]

But I thought having local experience on a matter would be helpful? I doubt Peter Overton or Peter Mitchell would know very much about North Queensland, considering they talk about their own states.[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:162, topic:2764”]
I don’t know who Melissa Downs is, never even seen her present before.
[/quote]

She is the Jo Hall of Brisbane. [quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:162, topic:2764”]
I’d imagine of all TV viewers, there is probably a larger audience still watching in Sydney & Melbourne?
[/quote]

The coverage is relevant to a larger portion of the audience in Queensland by infinite.[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:162, topic:2764”]
Just a thought.
[/quote]
Where?

4 Likes