Cyclone Debbie

If you want your 6pm news shouted at you, sure.

2 Likes

The presenter definitely said Townsville, which is why I thought it was notable enough to mention. Perhaps she meant Bowen.

NSW / VIC have now gone to the Afternoon News on Nine.

1 Like

SA also taking national afternoon news right now

2 Likes

1 Like

Melissa Downes told other viewers that there will be arvo news coming to rest of the states.

1 Like

7 Afternoon News Melbourne is not running today.

2 Likes

Things down in Bowen:

ABC FM
BOM radar
Optus network
Power
Air pressure

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Can confirm it’s off the air.
I’ve been trying to tune in to it for a few days now and it’s not worked once, no idea why.

Watched the press conference a few days ago where they were saying “Townsville residents tune to 630 AM”, etc. so I tuned in and the station didn’t work.

Tried on other AM/FM radios and couldn’t fit it on any frequency.

1 Like

Then I take you never watch Nine’s Queensland morning and afternoon news on Fridays and 6pm news on weekends.

Nat might shout, but I personally like her presentation. Alicia Loxley, Eva Milic and Alison Ariotti also yell but you never mention them.

1 Like

Earlier they just used the weather map when I was watching today this morning.

1 Like

I don’t watch them, so I don’t comment on them. If you showed me a photo of all three, I doubt I could pick who was who.

NB/ I suppose the odds are reasonable with only three options, however.

Won’t someone please think of the children!

Seven’s national coverage is finishing up now.

Queensland coverage continuing with Sharyn Ghidella.

3 Likes

Nine cut coverage to 5Pm for Hot Seat. 7 News and ABC continuing the coverage.

7’s Queensland coverage is also being shown in Adelaide, for I guess 30 minutes til The Chase Australia’s timeslot

EDIT: 7 Adelaide has broken away from Brisbane local coverage shortly before 5pm to go to The Chase Australia.

1 Like

The ‘national’ Nine Afternoon News not shown in Queensland - continuing local coverage.

3 Likes