Cyclone Debbie

I thought Karl Stanovic added nothing to the coverage, nor Kochie tbh.

Funnily enough, as soon as I posted this, Seven changed production to “Seven News”… Must’ve worked :wink:

I know right, I missed Seven’s midday movie :cry:

5 Likes

I don’t think there was a need for coverage to be that long just over something occurring in 1 state…

4 Likes

Perth still taking coverage from Brisbane

2 Likes

As someone else pointed out, it’s (really) all to do with ratings.

Who will have the bragging rights for their coverage tomorrow, et. al.

:disappointed:

1 Like

Special 9News bulletin at 9.30pm here in Queensland.

"Nine News Queensland will broadcast LIVE to viewers for a special late night bulletin, with presenter Andrew Lofthouse in the centre of Cyclone Debbie’s disaster zone from 9.30pm tonight on Channel Nine.

Lofthouse will be joined by Nine News co-host Melissa Downes in the Queensland studios, along with reporters across North Queensland who will update viewers on the destruction Tropical Cyclone Debbie has left behind."

1 Like

Two-minute countdown to Seven News Brisbane tonight

2 Likes

Not a good night for 7 Brisbane to have that big opener mistake!

3 Likes

(No it wasn’t me)

If not posted, News 24’s simulcasting an hour long edition of ABC News QLD… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqQa5x7NLA

I’m well aware that this is a significant weather event (it’ll probably be the biggest this year) and I can understand running with rolling news coverage of the cyclone in Queensland.

But is rolling coverage of the event really necessary for a national audience? Even considering the potential for a major weather event in other parts of Queensland and NSW made up partially of Cyclone Debbie’s remnants later this week, personally I’m not so sure about that.

4 Likes

Sunrise will again have extended coverage from 5am AEDT tomorrow.

4 Likes

Did this really happen or just another hero on the internet want to bag out television?

1 Like

Extended coverage again tomorrow morning on Today from 5am.

Studio 10 will provide updates tomorrow morning from 8.30am.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Paul Burt standing in the eye of the storm with hilarious Facebook live reactions

6 Likes

Seven Mackay tonight

3 Likes

Today will be live into Queensland from 4am again as well. I imagine Sunrise will match that.

3 Likes

That’s rare. So, based on the upload, Seven News Regional QLD may have the option to go live during important coverage in a region region of strong concern (exchanging with the Sunshine Coast edition, of course).

1 Like

ABC Local Radio still not having network programming tonight in Queensland. Trevor Jackson evening program running until 11pm then Kier Shorey doing overnights until 4am. Broadcast also still going through 612 ABC Brisbane too.

Nat’s reaction at the start of this was rather telling - looking very exasperated “you’re outside again Paul?” and later the look she gives Mark when he asks Paul to consider coming inside to answer the next question.

10 Likes