Cyclone Debbie

Seven has now gone to The Chase Aus

1 Like

Luke Bradnam is busy - he is still on-air this afternoon in Brisbane on Triple M, most likely from the Townsville studios.

Just received a received a notification from the Plus7 app advising a channel for continuing coverage, which appears to be the Brisbane feed.

3 Likes

The ‘Sad’ version of the mission is back!

3 Likes

4 pm coverage in Queensland

1 Like

The glamorous life of a Nine News reporter - water inundation

2 Likes

ABC rolling coverage simulcast continuing on ABC1 in Queensland, with an extended 1 hour state bulletin at 7pm.

3 Likes

Long headline intro tonight

3 Likes

In PER, still continuing coverage. When will it end?

1 Like

Completely agree, especially ‘Sunrise’

2 Likes

Some reports

2 Likes

I was watching the Nine coverage in a hospital waiting room. It was like watching paint dry. So incredibly boring.

The reporters go on and on about how this is the most wind and rain they’ve ever seen, and that the town is being devastated as we speak, etc. etc. And then they go downstairs and the local shopkeeper is still open and locals are still pulling up in their cars to buy chips and drinks.

Then the reporter is out on the street saying that it’s raining sideways and is moving so fast that it’s hurting them, fences are falling down. And then they cross back to emergency HQ where the Premier is telling everyone to do the exact opposite of what the TV networks are tacitly approving of by getting their reporters to seek out people who aren’t under cover. Really?

11 Likes

Breakfast: I thought all programs Sunrise, Today and Studio 10 had good coverage. @blackbox Really liked Studio 10’s Cyclone coverage and glad Sarah was appointed host as she certainly held the broadcasted together. IMO, I found Today a little too serious where Sunrise and Studio 10 joked here and there (some people probably didn’t like this).

Although I am a Queenslander, I can’t imagine how the rest of the country feels with this completely unnecessary rolling coverage from 5am-5pm. In the two hours of breakfast TV I watched this morning, I heard no other news of the morning. And added to that the nation got the rolling coverage in the afternoon? And WTF, how is a North Queensland cyclone leading Nine News Sydney? I’m sick of recycled information and pictures.

6 Likes

Ain’t much different to Seven having Paul Bert being thrown about by the winds. At least Nine had most of their reporters under roofs

Both Seven and Nine Gold Coast News bulletins started on time and with the same story of potential rain and winds from the remnants of Cyclone Debbie.

Absolute overkill in my opinion. Even the 200 odd posts here, seriously? Never seen a cyclone before? By all means have local media and dedicated news stations (ABC 24, Sky etc) covering the event and passing on safety information but having reporters deliberately putting themselves in danger for the entertainment of people thousands of kilometres away is insane.

And yep, got family in Mackay, so I care, but not as much as commercial media seems to think.

7 Likes

Countdown to news

6 Likes

7 News QLD didn’t have a voice over and fading music playing after the newsreader read out the main stories.

7 Mackay

3 Likes