Cricket

Correct, as there is no pitch at Marvel currently. So good luck playing a match there.

2 Likes

And in the unlikely event that both Sunday and Monday are washed out, we get joint winners like we did in the 2002 Champions Trophy.

On another note the sneaker fiver I had on Pakistan at $9 to win it all on AFL GF Day that wasn’t looking flash a week ago is now leaving me beaming #gambleresponsibly

1 Like

WOW!

What a chase from England, getting the 169 required without losing a wicket!

And with 4 overs to spare!

2 Likes

This is the best batting performance of this T20 World Cup. Period.

The Indian bowlers rarely got a chance.

Sunday’s final at the MCG will be a rematch of the 1992 ODI World Cup decider.

Alex Hales was named player of the match for his innings of 86 from 47 balls.

3 Likes

And their fielding was woeful
 like the hand ball that allowed ENG to run 4
 and the dropped catch that rolled 30 metres to the boundary.

2 Likes

India got off to a shaky start and losing KL Rahul for a cheap figure. THe Indian Cricket Team managed to speed up a bit with Virat Kohli scoring his 50 off 40. In the final ball, Hardik Pandya was dismissed for 63 by a hit wicket off English pacebowler, Chris Jordan. :hushed: After India made 168/6, England got off to a blistering start, with an unassailable 1st wicket 170-run partnership between Jos Buttler and Alex hales.
India started off very well during the Super 12 stage, but all of a sudden, they simply crashed out of the semi-final. They simply missed a lot of opportunities and their fielding in the semi-final was not good. England got the job and deserved to be in the Final.
Sunday’s T20 World Cup Final will be a sell out and I am predicting that it will surpass the 1992 ODI World Cup crowd figure.

2 Likes

If you had asked me 48 hours ago, who would make the T20 final, I would have said NZ v IND

Weather permitting, I think ENG will be too good for PAK on Sunday (or Monday), but I might well be proven wrong again!

1 Like

As in the match can finish at 1am?

1 Like

Currently yes. The ICC may move the start time anyway to try to avoid the rain, now India is knocked out they won’t get quite as much resistance from Star.

1 Like

Usually there are strict time restrictions on how long a match can be paused for before it is abandoned, but News Corp understands that Monday’s reserve day could stretch from its scheduled 3pm start time well into the night to ensure a match can be played.

It means that if the reserve day is needed, Pakistan and their opponents might be sitting around for hours to get on the field in the event of afternoon rain – but the frustrating prospect of the stumps being pulled at 7pm only for the rain to suddenly cease will be avoided.

Organisers will exhaust all the time they possibly can to ensure a match is played – with a minimum of 10 overs a side needed to complete a final.

In addition, News Corp has confirmed MCG curators will use extra covers over the weekend to give the field the maximum chance of weathering the downfall predicted during the day on Sunday and still be capable of a quick start if the clouds clear.

1 Like

Not looking good for PAK only making 137 in their 20 overs against ENG in the T20 Final.

Will need early wickets from the likes of Shaheen Afridi to be any chance.

1 Like

England beat Pakistan and the threat of rain to win the final by five wickets, thanks to Ben Stokes who made 52 not out, his first T20 international half century. England gained revenge over their loss to Pakistan in the 1992 ODI World Cup at the same venue.

England become the first team to hold the ODI Would Cup and the T20 World Cup at the same time. Also, Matthew Mott becomes the first person to win women’s and men’s T20 World Cups as a coach.

Shaheen Afridi injured his knee making a catch off the bat of Harry Brook and only bowled one more ball before walking off the field.

The attendance at the final was 80,462.

4 Likes

Well done to ENG in winning the T20 World Cup.

Felt PAK were about 20 runs short and that’s how it played out. Shaheen Afridi’s injury certainly didn’t help with Iftikhar conceding 13 off 5 balls to complete Shaheen’s over. Stokes’s unbeaten 50 was the key in the chase.

ENG are the first team to be 20 and 50 over World Cup holders at the same time.

5 Likes

England’s Sam Curran was named player of the T20 World Cup final for taking 3 for 12, and also player of the tournament for his 13 wickets.

UPDATE 14/11
Sam Curran however missed out on a spot in the T20 World Cup team of the tournament

4 Likes
1 Like

Gunithilaka was granted bail this afternoon under strict conditions. The case will return to court on January 12 next year.

2 Likes

Interesting in NZ there is no cricket for most of December. The first test against Pakistan starts on the 27th of Dec. It’s a shame we can’t arrange some international cricket in NZ with Australia. We got South Africa and West Indies so maybe can’t squeeze anything in. I just think Australia should play more cricket in New Zealand.

Australia won game 1 of the ODI series against England at Adelaide Oval tonight, reaching the target of 288 with 19 balls to spare, in front of a low crowd of just more than 13,000. Featuring only three members of T20 World Cup winning team, England batted first and were struggling at 4/66, before player of the match Dawid Malan (134 from 128 balls) led the recovery as his team finished on 9/287. In reply, Travis Head and David Warner made an opening stand of 147 to put Australia in a commanding position, before Steve Smith, Alex Carey and Cameron Green finished the job. It was the first win for new Australian ODI captain and current test skipper Pat Cummins.

6 Likes

Australia beat England by 72 runs at the SCG in Game 2 of the 3match series. After Australia made 8/280, England got off to a horrific start losing Jason Roy and Dawid Malan for ducks by Mitchell Starc. England steadied the ship with James Vince and Sam Billing’s scoring 60 and 71 respectively. However, after they were dismissed, they collapsed and never returned into form.
Mitch Starc was player of the match for his 4/47.

6 Likes