Cricket

They should broadcast the awards ceremony on Fox

2 Likes

Fox is showing the Allan Border Medal at the end of international summer in Australia.

1 Like

Yes, simulcast of Seven. But heā€™s not talking about that one.

There isnā€™t one for the women or men. Itā€™s just announced on cricket.com.au .

New Zealand Cricket boss Greg Barclay has been elected as the new chairman of International Cricket Council.

1 Like

Does anyone have a record of the WBBL GF audiences and what channel they were on each year (like if they were in main channel or on the secondary channel)

1 Like

What a mess!

My view Australia should tour NZ this year. If this happened Iā€™d enjoy to watch the test matches in NZ against Australia. I think it would be a contest. Rather than NZ come to Australia for the test matches.

2 Likes

Arenā€™t international tours set in stone for the next few years? Bit hard to change things on a dime.

1 Like

These are extraordinary times, they do call for unusual measures.

True. However I was thinking this year this was the first time in a while only 1 team is coming to tour. Since they skipped the test match against Afghanistan and also the T20 world cup was canned . So having a couple of test in NZ could of been slotted in.

If Pakistan drop out of tour of NZ I think Australia so do a few tests late Jan in NZ early Feb.

2 Likes

We know. We keep being reminded of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, well nothing is ā€œset in stoneā€ these days.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed - this should have been the way things were done. Cricket Au were desperate to have India tour and get the TV rights money from India though.

Could have even had a five test series, 3 in Australia, 2 in NZ. ODIs in one country and T20s in another. Really mixed it up and created something unique/special.

2 Likes

Sydney Thunder end Brisbane Heatā€™s hopes of a 3-peat after beating the Heat by 12 runs. Chasing for 144 to win The Heat started off very well, but wickets tumbled after the 15th over. The Heat Lost 6/12 in 3.1 overs! Sammy Jo Johnson took the final wicket of Delissa Kimmince!
Melbourne Stars have booked themselves in the WBBL final for the first time in history, while the Thunder is looking to win a 2nd title in 6 years.

Who wins the Final?
Melbourne stars
Sydney thunder

2 Likes

SYDNEY THUNDER!!!

1 Like

That was a remarkable collapse which included two needless run outs.

Unfortunately the final will be played in stifling conditions on Saturday night in Sydney with an overnight minimum of 25 degrees expected. Ouch.

I pity Argentina playing the All Blacks in Rugby up the road in Newcastle at the same time. Those poor fellas wonā€™t know what hit them.

1 Like

The girls will cope better than the boys. :wink: Especially those mighty Thunder girls! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And that cricket is less physically demanding than rugby - particularly in hot weather.