Cricket

I would actually say that everyone is entitled to sit in shade if there is shade available. I don’t think it’s too big an ask. Nor do I think it makes people whingers. Sun stroke and cancer are very serious issues.

2 Likes

Oh cry me a river… what about the poor players then?

They’re actually out playing in it…

They get paid whereas the supporters pay.

2 Likes

Today I watched the cricket - Australia v India on TV, I noticed that there were Lots of empty seats. I feel that it’s got to do with the lack of public transport. There weren’t many buses that Went to the stadium

Doesn’t it have a dedicated railway station attached to it?

Good to see they’ve opened to top tier, I’m not sure how many you expect in before the first hour on day one of a test, a work day at that.

They have a dedicated airway station to use. I’m sure that the crowd number will go up higher tomorrow with cooler weather expected.

Khawaja needs to be dropped.

He made 5 runs in 38 balls. The problem is that he’s not batting properly and that he was disorganised and slow

I heard the ground referred to as ‘Perth Stadium’ on 4KQ… I know Seven have been referring to it as such…

Whilst the ABC normally doesn’t use the Sponsor name, not sure why commercials aren’t.

Go have a look at 7 cricket coverage thread to find the answer.

OK… thanks

Actually no its in the fox thread. But here is the link https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-08/how-the-optus-perth-stadium-naming-rights-deal-stacks-up/9130838

It reads like it may be more CA’s contract with the ICC.

that and some of the people that would go are at work or at school.

coming home from work, I noticed quite a few trains coming and going from perth to perth stadium, Armadale, Freo and Joondalup

https://twitter.com/rickeyrecricket/status/1073504285541883905

Yesterday, WA students finished off the school for the year. Today, WA students are on holidays. I think that some teachers had to go to school for school development day. The crowd of 20746 at Optus Stadium was much lower than the Australia v South Africa ODI from last month. I feel that this crowd was quiet. Lets hope that tomorrow will get much higher crowd.

Fewer than four thousand more attended the ODI match in Perth which was played on a Sunday.

Today’s crowd is not a bad first day test crowd against India. The obsession with crowds being poor based purely on the percentage of Stadium capacity is becoming tedious. I suppose anything less than 90,000 on boxing day will be “poor”?

1 Like

Between 60000-90000 at Boxing Day Test is good.
Less than 60000 on Boxing Day is poor

That I’d agree with.

Just remember the last Boxing Day Test against India was only 69k. It has to be remembers Australia are NOT playing England. The crowd today in Perth was good. Not great but it was good. To say it was poor is just foolish.

1 Like

So you hoping that tomorrow’s crowd will be much higher with 46000?