Seven Cricket Coverage

I agree, they did something similar with the marketing for the Ashes last year by promoting David Lloyd as being part of the team, while he also only dialled in for an interview during the tea break for one day each Test.

4 Likes

Just saw it now on the coverage.

1 Like

7’s version of DRS timer is back

2 Likes

Pretty poor from 7, coverage finished without a post show or even showing the match presentation.

30mins until news in VIC & NSW, so they definitely could of stayed until the presentation & had a small post show

5 Likes

Test match Broadcast finished at 5:30 PM (AEDT)

1 Like

They could have even shunted it onto 7mate (which also had filler programming at 5:30pm AEDT).

I’m sure Cricket Australia will be taking notice of this with the rights renewal process.

3 Likes

Yeah I went to the toilet after the 9th wicket and came back with no cricket or broadcast Coverage on my tv! I was shocked!!!

Not sure this is the best way to promote cricket

1 Like

is there a video of it?

I haven’t seen this ad, so I don’t have a video.

2 Likes

That is not even bad…

3 Likes

Yeah. No idea what MrTV is on about there (a recurring issue with that tweeter) - that promo is fine.

8 Likes

This promo is fine, that tweet made it seem like the whole promo was based on the tampering & trying to hype that aspect of the rivalry

2 Likes

More sparking analysis, must nearly be time for his hiatus that isnt a hiatus

5 Likes

Don’t see many South African players past or present in it are Australia playing themselves now are they.

South Africa haven’t played since 7 got the rights, so maybe that has something to do with it?

I doubt it. The Icc seems to have the major say in the scheduling and to add to that they can be done all the up to five years in advance. This is how they were doing it anyway.

2 Likes

huh? I meant as to why there is no footage of South Africans in the promo…

This would be the exact reason they opted out of the broadcast. Network execs wanted an episode of Border Security to run at 5.30pm to provide a stronger lead-in to the News.

1 Like