Cricket on Radio

The warm up match, Aust vs England is on grandstand digital. In Sydney they still had the NRL in. Lets when the real matches are on, will nrl be heard on dab?

It will be interesting to see how SEN will cover the Cricket World Cup. Will some matches be bumped to SEN2 when the AFL is on?

They’ll probably end up on SEN+

Cricket World Cup radio schedule week 1

Thursday May 30
England v South Africa - Macquarie Sports Radio, SEN+, SEN2, SEN 1116, SEN SA (join in progress from 9pm AEST) and World Cup Now channel on SEN app

Friday May 31
West Indies v Pakistan - Macquarie Sports Radio (Sydney and Brisbane from around 10.30pm AEST after AFL), SEN2, SEN+ (from 11pm AEST) and World Cup Now channel on SEN app

Saturday June 1
Australia v Afghanistan - Macquarie Sports Radio, SEN+ and World Cup Now channel on SEN app
New Zealand v Sri Lanka - SEN2 and World Cup Now channel on SEN app

ABC coverage to be confirmed

1 Like

So no early coverage on NTS and online?

It should be available online. Check the MSR website and Twitter (@MRNCricket) on Thursday and Friday.

1 Like

The original article posted when MSR announced their rights (Feb 2) suggested all 48 matches would be available online. I assume this is still the case.

2 Likes

Aaron Bryans will host ABC Radio’s CWC coverage.

MSR will have its own call of Australian matches, led by the Summer of Cricket commentary team including Bruce Eva and Tim Lane.
https://www.sportsradio.com.au/the-icc-cricket-world-cup-arrives-on-macquarie-sports-radio/

9Gem is showing the first match, but the Macquarie Sports Radio app and website streams have the regular overnight talkSPORT. The extra stream on the website that should be the cricket is NTS with program highlights. This tweet back in February was a lie. Twitter should withdraw their tick!

2 Likes

Considering the many less than ethical journos, pollies and ‘celebs’ that get a tick, whilst misleading is low on the list.

1 Like

I preferred the abc/bbc coverage. The cricket was on macquarie sports on dab. They dont streaming rights maybe? I will check tonight.

I heard it on the app last night.

1 Like

Heard a promo this afternoon that ABC Radio will have coverage of men’s and women’s Ashes series from England next month. The women’s Ashes starts on July 18 with a one-off test between England and Australia.

2 Likes

No cricket on macquarie sports radio tonight (in Sydney). At least its on the ABC.

Stick with that, BBC Test Match Special is about 50 million times better than the radio coverage Crocmedia and Macquarie purchased. I tried listening to a game the other night, lasted 3 balls (well, SEN missed the first 3 balls in the over so it was technically an over). Honestly sounded like a couple of 10 year olds calling the game.

1 Like

MSR are watching the game on GEM , Bruce Eva and crew are on. Commentary is better, I prefer this to what I heard before @Glennc. At least its on analog, my shower radio has no dab.

SEN+ I assume is a studio job too? There is something special hearing the commentary who are physically in England. My first choice is the ABC every time.

Thanks, I’ll check them out.
I’ve been listening to Guerilla Cricket the past few nights, prefer it to TMS.
I’m not sure what a shower radio is exactly but I get the idea- interesting idea.

Herald Sun reports today that the Cricket World Cup radio broadcast that Macquarie and SEN received last week were “illegal”, because the Indian company Sports Flashes (who sold the rights to both broadcasters back in February) breached its rights agreement with the ICC, apparently over a money dispute with another Indian company. As the result, SEN is now using an international feed provided by the ICC, while Macquarie is covering Australian games from its Melbourne studio with Bruce Eva and co.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/sen-and-macquarie-sports-caught-up-in-broadcast-rights-issue-with-indian-company-sports-flashes/news-story/6ebad103957add117eed0dace13bae11

2 Likes

Probably too much information. :smile:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/sony/sony-icfs80-shower-radio-with-speaker/702216/

Its a good radio. A bit pricey but worth it.

1 Like

The Score column in today’s Herald Sun poses this question: Has an Australian radio station been duped for a second time with its World Cup coverage via illegal Indian operators?