Cricket on Radio

In the early stages it was an Indian commentary team, now its done from the studio in Australia?

Oh well, if you’re cheap this stuff tends to happen, doesn’t it!?
I’ve got no idea though if it’s true, haven’t been listening to any cricket on that particular station lately.

What client would this bungle be brought to you by?

Ron Hall (Reject Shop) is still a shareholder within Crocmedia? Could we draft in his business?

At least most of the discount variety stores’ products work unlike what we’ve been told of this cricket commentary.

The article is behind a paywall. I was expecting all games on normal radio. Rereading this article it seems like something else.

https://radioinfo.com.au/news/macquare-sports-radio-signs-cricket-world-cup-coverage

Perhaps it is online, I just did not notice.

I just listen to the ABC grandstand digital. It has all games and when the footy it is on, can listen in the ABC Listen app.

What Johnson posted was the whole article, it was one sentence.

3 Likes

Isn’t Macquarie Sports Radio calling Australian games from the studio but then taking coverage of the other games from the same provider Crocmedia got their rights from?

1 Like

Yeah it looks like it. Id rather listen to bbc with the commentators in the UK.

I found a link on the MSR website for world cup cricket maybe that is for the other games.

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/listen-to-icc-cricket-world-cup-streaming-live/

I will try that tomorrow. there appears to be no obvious additional link in the Android app. They should use NTS. I am sure they are worried putting all non Australia games might affect the ratings on the analog station or dab :smiley:.

Looks like its raining. Assuming no audio when its raining. Probably unfair the cricket is on the main stream.

Good to hear the ABC cricket on analog radio on the regional stations.

1 Like

There is no rain in London at the moment, Australia is batting quite well.

And tonight, SEN’s coverage is being provided by Macquarie Sports Radio. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, was being a bit tongue in cheek. I am enjoying the cricket, always like how bbc lw listeners go to the shipping forecast. They missed the wicket of warner.

1 Like

Interestingly, while the cricket is not on analog 702 Sydney, 774 Melbourne, 612 Brisbane or 936 Hobart, it is in fact on 891 Adelaide at the moment (as well as all the regionals per above).

3 Likes

Very interesting. Does not follow the pattern. I am sure 720am in Perth would not have the cricket. 666 am I think should have the cricket.

Checked 666 and it does not have the cricket.
891 still with the cricket.
720 unfortunately is blocked by an ABC Gippsland translator from Omeo here so couldn’t check that unfortunately.

Glad you included the smiley, MSR could offer dancing girls for all their audience and it’d make not a scrap of difference.

Yes, why on the regionals but not the metros?

I think because it is on dab radio in the capital cities. It does not explain Adelaide.

1 Like

ABC Adelaide covers a large chunk of SA not covered by digital or other ABC stations

2 Likes

update. No cricket on MSR web streams. PS Pakistan should play some home series in England. At least they have fans there compared to the UAE.

What chunk?

639/693 excellent coverage for the north, Riverland ably covered and 1161/1476 good for the SE.