Cricket on Radio

I suggest to them Spotify. SCA execs will suggest Listnr app or Triple M DAB+ stations. Honestly it’s 2021, radio needs to re-invent itself beyond wall-to-wall music content. Nothing wrong with live sport on the radio.

6 Likes

I am getting SENZ ads on the England v India commentary (via the SEN app). Ads mainly for Auckland. Is this normal?

EDIT: Just realised it is branded ‘SENZ Test Cricket’. D’oh.

2 Likes

Last night i think the cricket was on SEN 1116 although I did tune in at lunch time. The religious show was on last night on 1170. I went to sleep. I still have not listened to the cricket on an analog radio yet (when it has not included Australia). Maybe tonight :slight_smile: .

Well its on 1170 SEN tonight, the India vs England test match. Better than hearing replays of the breakfast show or a simulcast of SENTrack. Well done SEN.

4 Likes

SEN has today announced they’ve secured the exclusive Australian and New Zealand commercial radio rights for both next month’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup and next year’s ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup which will be held in NZ.

4 Likes

The ABC has acquired non-commercial radio rights for next month’s ICC men’s T20 World Cup. I heard a promo after the 1pm news on ABC Melbourne today.

3 Likes

Great! Will probably be a joint broadcast with 5 Live (if they have the rights).

3 Likes

They will be calling the action over the TV in Melbourne.

Also, ABC Local Radio in NSW and Victoria will still be broadcasting their respective COVID press conferences during the series, so the best way to hear the cricket uninterrupted is through ABC Grandstand on digital radio, ABC Listen app or ABC Radio website.

1 Like

Alistair pulling double duty by doing play by play on seven it seems.

No doubt they’ll go to the Country Hour as well

1 Like

ABC’s commentary team for the third and final ODI between Australia and India:

Emma Inglis was also at the microphone for the second ODI on Friday.

1 Like

Quentin Hull returns to radio sport commentary after returning from Tokyo Paralympics as a media liaison. Former Australian player Kirsten Pike, and Indian broadcaster and former cricketer Snehal Pradhan also join the line-up.

2 Likes

Corbin Middlemas mentioned some broadcast details on ABC Grandstand this afternoon. Every match of the tournament will be broadcast live on ABC Sport Digital and ABC Listen app. Coverage begins with the first group match between Oman and Papua New Guinea on Sunday, October 17, from 8.45pm AEDT.

2 Likes

The 21/22 ABC cricket guide went on sale today and includes the following listed as commentators for the radio coverage:

• Jim Maxwell

• Ian Chappell

• Alison Mitchell

• Mitchell Johnson

• Andrew Moore

• Jonathan Agnew (Aggers)

• Kristen Beams

• Dirk Nannes

5 Likes

Great team. Others will join for just a day or match.

Solid lineup but missing an England analyst/pundit

would not be suprised to see Beefy take that role - he’s al;ready out here for 7 -just don’t put him on the same shift as chapelli

3 Likes

Thought I heard Vaughn being interviewed on Grandstand a few weeks ago now and I thought his presence was being discussed. I could be wrong though!

They’re English.

1 Like

Think someone else pointed this out previously but Botham was involved with Triple M’s coverage during the last home Ashes series so he could be with them.

Both Agnew and Mitchell are commentators - I’m talking about the ABC lineup not having an English pundit

1 Like