Cricket on Radio

?

I have edited my post to make my point a bit clearer. The NZ station is yet to be included in the list of stations.

No need for a VPN here in Australia. I wonder how much SEN paid?

Just an edit, it isnt the bbc coverage they have their own team. Seems like they are over in the UK and at the ground too.

2 Likes

How can you tell. And are they NZers?

They mention the buzz at the ground, and mentioned the broadcast end. It may not prove anything, they have fooled me haha. British accents is what i heard.

Ah ok, so it could be a world feed sort of stream.

They were promoting the new shows on SEN NZ
 And how their show was the first, the launch (ie analog radio) was by the Olympics i think. I wasn’t taking notes :slight_smile: . I tuned back to the BBC.

1 Like

Ah ok. Good to hear they are making an effort.

1 Like

“The coverage will be anchored by veteran commentator Adam Collins, with New Zealand’s voice of cricket Jeremy Coney one of his expert analysts.”

Seems like they are at the ground.

I’m assuming they might do the NZ vs India championship test match next week as well. I’m not sure if BBC TMS will cover that, since it doesn’t involve England.

1 Like

NZ radio rights for this match are held by Gold (the former Radio Sport).

1 Like

ABC Sports has got the rights to the test cricket final tomorrow between NZ and India. It will be broadcast in app and on ABC Sports Dab, I assume when the footy isn’t on.

2 Likes

I’m afraid the match could be ruined by bad weather, even with a reserve (sixth) day if required. Though conditions are likely to be extremely favourable to pace bowling, so a result may well happen. NZ hold all the aces in this scenario imo.

2 Likes

Doesn’t appear to be on radio?

The cricket icon is in the ABC app. I did try to listen and they had the womens cricket was on due to the rain.

Ahh!! I use a google home and request it to ‘play ABC Sport’ as I don’t use a radio or app did my radio anymore

Depending what time you tuned in. I was pretty tired yesterday so I could not verify but ABC Sports should have the cricket after the footy.However sometimes on the stream it might be different. Not sure if “listen to ABC Cricket “ would work.

They had NZ vs India on ABC Cricket (app) last night. It’s straight from the BBC feed; they took the women’s game during lunch yesterday and I presume during the delays as well. Football was on ABC Sport.

1 Like

Yeah but what do I ask google to play? I don’t have room for the app in my phoen

‘ABC Cricket’? Or just use a good old fashioned Bluetooth speaker like I do? (Sorry to sound like a smart arse, but I find this easier than dicking around with smart speakers). And you’d probably find that you hardly use most of the apps on your smartphone; delete the least worthy!

BTW- I am just using the ABC Listen app, which has ABC Cricket listed. You might have to scroll past the more common channels to find it, though.

1 Like