COVID-19: SA Outbreak

That is true. And I am not defending his ‘lie’ but it can also be said if SA learnt from the mistakes made by Victoria we wouldn’t have been in this mess. Victoria spent a lot of money for an investigation to see where they went wrong with the hotel quarantine program. One of those was hiring casuals. Yet SA still hired casuals. From the beginning of this outbreak the SA government has shifted the blame. And the media have lapped that up. They too need to take some responsibility here. Unfortunately it is human nature when pushed into a corner to protect oneself and sometimes that means we lie. He did do the wrong thing, but then I’m not sure if I was in his situation that I wouldn’t have done the same thing.

5 Likes

No new cases in SA reported this morning. As the result, the state will have a one person to 2 square metre rule for hospitality venues because of the large adherence to the QR codes.

SA now has 0 active cases.

4 Likes

That means the outbreak from Peppers Waymouth Hotel and the Parafield cluster is over.

2 Likes

Great news. Happy to close this thread, especially only 3 weeks after the initial outbreak. Discussion continues over at the main thread.

7 Likes

SA moving into lockdown at 6pm tonight due to another case (being a casual contact at an exposure site in the city) recorded this morning. Genomic sequencing also confirmed that it is the Delta strain.

Might be a good idea to reopen the SA outbreak topic again if necessary.

1 Like

I notice that during the upcoming SA lockdown, construction must pause. It is a similar measure to that imposed in Sydney and surrounding regions.

Bloody hell… now we have 3 cities in lockdown.

1 Like

So 4 cases all linked and no community transmission at this stage?

Seems like no one is able to escape the Delta strain this year. At least SA is reacting appropriately and quickly so that they can stamp this out ASAP.

Five. They’re all linked but the first case has been around for quite a while in the community and the fifth case was a casual contact at the Greek on Halifax where one of the positive cases was there on the weekend. It’s also the Delta strain which would’ve surely been the final straw.

Differences between this lockdown and last lockdown:

1. Exercise is permitted within 2.5km of home with household members for maximum of 90 minutes once a day.

2. Restaurants can operate takeaway this time.

One thing I’m struggling to understand is, if this 81 year old man returned from NSW after spending time in HQ and in a Sydney hospital, shouldn’t he be doing 14 days of enforced quarantine at home? What on earth was he doing out and about in the community for a week after coming straight back from NSW?

And in the past month (or so) we’ve had every major capital city experience some form of lockdown? Australia can’t keep tracking along this way… absolute nightmare.

1 Like

SA’s strategy seems like it is the extreme opposite to NSW, probably too far, but understandable (& i’m generally pro-lockdown). Hopefully it finishes early. They will have issues getting the federal government to agree to matching their definition of a hotspot.

Is there a lot of exposure sites? I know its the ‘delta’ strain but I find it hard to believe a lockdown has been announced unless there is an abundance of exposure sites.

Is SA allowing click and collect? They didn’t last time.

There’s at least 16 exposure sites at the moment, many of them would be classified as ‘Tier 1’ if it was in Victoria. I reckon that number will go up if more cases are found.

Yes. This time the likes of Big W is deemed ‘essential service’ and can open but everyone must wear masks.

I did hear from someone there is 3000 people in isolation now. However, I just wonder if a lockdown was necessary and if it was was it necessary for regional towns. For example Coober Pedy or Mount Gambier? Could have they not done a greater Adelaide lockdown to begin with and see how that went to begin with? Its not like any of the exposure sites were football grounds - which would have regional people going to it.

2 Likes