COVID-19: Perth Lockdown

I believe Victoria now has its police force looking after hotel quarantine. And some ADF. I think it’s the only state at the moment that doesn’t have private security working in hotels, for obvious reasons.

1 Like

As Moe mentioned, the issue is states haven’t learned from previous outbreaks/mistakes made. We’ve seen this story happen in VIC, SA, NSW, QLD and now WA.

1 Like

If you were being well paid to be a hotel security guard - and working 12 hour shifts apparently - I can’t imagine wanting to clock off from that and go spend the night driving Ubers.

Plus, if you had a condition of employment that you couldn’t work other jobs and they broke that, it’s quite different than if you didn’t put such a condition in there in the first place because you thought it unenforceable.

3 Likes

Queue the panic buying. After all this time, lockdown after lockdown across the country, it still amazes me how stupid the human race is.

7 Likes

My store right now. Thank god its my weekend.

6 Likes

How do people still not know that Supermarkets will be open through all of this?

8 Likes

Ordinary people are panic buying to get ahead of the panic buyers that would normally panic buy everything. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not a mask in sight either. The lockdown might start at 6pm but that doesn’t mean you’re not at risk right now :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Expecting all states to now classify Perth as a hot spot.

The way that the WA Premier and Police Chief discussed it, there isnt a restriction in place

Where might someone who doesn’t have a mask obtain one?

3 Likes

Thats the thing, its been so not a thing in perth that nobody has masks! I certainly don’t.

2 Likes

Pharmacies if they have them in stock. I’m in Sydney and I didn’t realise I didn’t have any masks in my car and drove to a shopping centre and just went to chemist warehouse and grabbed some. Cheapest is to buy from Amazon.
To be able to prevent quarantine workers from working second jobs is to pay them well but also its a personal choice if they want to work a second job. They shouldn’t be denied this. They maybe in debt and need the money. In saying this they should be testing the workers daily at the start of their shifts.
Perth also should have a check in app but there should be a federal app. In hindsight that’s probably what the Covid Safe app should have been.

Hey are you okay? I don’t blame you… I know how you feel, i’ve been in lock down myself for nearly a year since the pandemic first started, (purely by choice) but this is for the greater good for your state. The 5 day lock down may seem like a long time atm… I will pray and keep you in my thoughts, Travis.

2 Likes

McGowan has essentially requested this & federally as per the press conference.

1 Like

does that mean I would need a mask too, considering I have some conditions like asthma.

The premier asked the general public to purchase a mask just in case 3 weeks ago… disappointing it seems like barely anybody did.

1 Like

Thinking of everyone in WA. Seems this could be the right call considering the case probably had been in the community for some days. Very annoying though they aren’t testing the workers regularly. There NEEDS to be a national standard. And it needs to happen ASAP. The lockdown wouldn’t have occurred if they were testing the workers on a regular basis. We just aren’t learning from the mistakes and recommendations being made and it is frustrating when tax payer dollars were paid for inquiry in Victoria.

6 Likes

I’m expecting Victoria to slam its border shut from tonight. Especially with the Aus Open about to commence.

4 Likes

The usual procedure is for the Commonwealth to declare a federal hotspot and for the states to act on that.