COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

Actually it’s Hubei province. Wuhan is the capital :wink:

4 Likes

wuhan, hubel province you mean :slight_smile: and please get your facts right :slight_smile:

well they’re still going fine so doubt what happened with Rita will cause any more disruption.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Pandemic Impact :mask:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Pandemic Impact :mask:

Wuhan is the capital of Hubei Province.
Even if the Australian media wanted to visit Wuhan it won’t be able to, as the city is completely blocked from outside.

I’ve noticed ten are not covering the Aspen Colorado news regarding the caronavirus and the Australians refusing to get tested. Limited news resources at play again.

3 Likes

Again, this thread is for actual coverage. I would’ve deleted your post but that would’ve meant removing the others that called you out on it.

8 Likes

Roger that. It gave me a giggle anyway, the odd light heartened comment shouldn’t go astray in this doom and gloom period. The point ended up being lost in my location mistake, reminding how ridiculous some networks have gone in the past for news coverage and raised the thought that legitimately wouldn’t be surprised if they’d considered it :wink:

From memory, viewers quite rightly slammed the networks (particularly Seven & Nine) for putting key presenters/reporters out in the elements during Cyclone Debbie.

I think social media would actually crash if they did something similar for their coverage of this coronavirus outbreak!

1 Like

imageimageimage

8 Likes

Prime Minister Scott Morrison holding a press conference right now. It’s live on ABC Local Radio during the Grandstand program in AFL states.

1 Like

Screenshot_20200315-150554~2

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what tv presenters are currently overseas on assignments?

I’m assuming they will need to self quarantine for 14 days on returning.

1 Like

Nine News’ Andrew Lund and the ABC’s Barbara Miller are in NZ covering the first anniversary of Christchurch mosque attacks so they definitely will be affected.

2 Likes

I assume Waleed Aly is still over there. Depends if he got on a flight when the memorial service was cancelled.

They’re packing up and trying to get out of NZ ASAP:
https://twitter.com/andrew_lund/status/1239052179450638339

6 Likes

Kinda disappointing that the ABC News channel isn’t adding extra programming, they should be going live as much as possible, there’s too much going on to be showing Landline repeats.

6 Likes

Is James Tobin (Sunrise) and Lisa Wilkinson (The Project) back from the states?

2 Likes

Lisa was back hosting on The Project Friday night,l’m not sure about James.

4 Likes