COVID-19: New Zealand Lockdown

It’s been a location of interest in the past so assumed it had been deep cleaned already and im assuming it was shut for another deep clean today.

Some have had to close as well because they have not got enough staff due to being considered close contacts of one of the confirmed cases.

Which brings me to my next point, I get the overwhelming degree of caution currently - but I’m not sure an entire school should be made to be tested if there is one case there. Again, I know the abundance of caution thing, especially as it only takes half-a-second to spread this thing. But high schools are fucking massive. Consider the students and teacher of the classes the case was close to as close-contacts, but otherwise it should surely be testing on a symptoms basis only? Especially given the lines we’ve seen at testing sites.

1 Like

If your high school was anything mine we moved about classrooms, hung out with different people at lunch and hung out after school in various places all now places that would be exposure sites.

Also considering that some people don’t have any symptoms at all but can still carry and transmit covid, hence the wide range in testing and many exposure locations having guidence to test on day 5 and day 12, whereas other locations and casual contact plus just need to get a negative test on day 5 and monitor for symptoms

Fair points.

I just wonder if given the country is in lockdown whether it is worth overloading the under-pressure vaccination sites with people who probably don’t need a test.

1 Like

It’s a fair point.

Grant Robertson during yesterday’s stand-up encouraged only those at the locations during the times listed to get tests.

As in theory anyone else should be at home and hopefully not going anywhere else.

21 New Cases today, 18 in Auckland & 3 in Wellington

Jacinda Ardern today hinted that the national lockdown could be extended. Yesterday she announced the national lockdown would continue until at least 11.59pm next Tuesday, August 24, citing the large number of contacts who needed to be tested.

21 New Cases again today, 20 from Auckland and 1 in Wellington

1 Like

35 cases today, 33 in Auckland and two in Wellington.

I hope all our kiwi members are getting out the spread their legs :rofl:

4 Likes

Day 6 went on a walk to the shops enjoyed the quiet roads.

1 Like

The current lockdown has been extended: Auckland until 11.59pm on Tuesday, August 31, while the rest of the country will be in lockdown until at least Friday (August 27) at 11.59pm.

2 Likes

Day 7. Working night shift means a very quiet newsroom.

4 Likes

She is really pushing the Zero covid mantra. Will be interesting to see if she can keep a lid on this. Delta seems to be impossible once it’s grown legs into 40/50s.

2 Likes

She? Who is she?

2 Likes

63 cases reported today - 62 linked to the current outbreak and one in MIQ. 12 cases were in Wellington and 50 in Auckland. Dr Ashley Bloomfield said the majority of case links were from households and workplaces.

1 Like

68 cases reported today, 37 of which are from within households that already had a case.

2 Likes

Victoria and New Zealand seem like they’re both in a similar position with this delta variant. Both just can’t stamp it out.

2 Likes

70 new cases today, all in Auckland.

The nationwide lockdown has been extended another four days until 11.59pm next Tuesday (August 31), however Auckland and Northland are likely to remain on level 4 for another fortnight after that.

1 Like