COVID-19: New Zealand Lockdown

New Zealand will go into a snap 3-day lockdown after a new community case in Auckland.

Just a reminder of what Level 4 entails for us.

Crazy scenes at the Supermarkets. Here is some photos of the chaos so far. Again Flour and Toilet Paper in very short supply of course.

3 Likes

Lots of mask use on buses this evening.

Please continue to scan in if you have to go out.

3 Likes

STAY SAFE KIWIS

Same sorts of scenes at my local supermarket.

Ah well, we’ve beat it multiple times, we can beat it again.

Let’s hope this only lasts for the period of time specified.

Good luck to everyone.

3 Likes

So far 4 new cases have been reported overnight by the Prime Minister

Roads in Auckland are very quiet this morning

2 Likes

All four cases are linked to the original case (the Devonport tradie), which is now confirmed as having the Delta variant.

1 Like

…as they should be! Good to see NZ are following the rules.

2 Likes

auckland hospital in lockdown after covid case found ther

Our case is NOW FROM AUSTRAILA
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/1-news-special/live

Another two cases announced this morning. Seven in total. All cases have now been confirmed as having the Delta variant and are linked to the original case reported yesterday.
PM Jacinda Ardern said genome sequencing showed three of the seven cases were linked to outbreaks in Sydney.

In Australia, NT declared NZ a COVID hotspot while WA designated NZ as a low-risk region. It means that Kiwis arriving in NT and WA will have to go into 14-day quarantine.

1 Like

Quiet roads and one in one out at the dairy on Lockdown day 2.

2 Likes

11 New Cases today, including 3 reported in Wellington. Over 27,800 tests undertaken yesterday which is a record.

1 Like

Well day 3 lockdown going well for me so far. Went to my local Countdown to get groceries, closed.

Still waiting in line outside the next nearest one. So far moved 30meters in 25 mins

2 Likes

I’m listening to the NZ press conference in the background while working - did I hear correctly that the current vaccination cohorts are 12 to 15 and 40+?

2 Likes

Yes, the idea is that when parents go for their vaccination they could bring their 12 to 15 year old children along and get them vaccinated at the same time. However if they need to be vaccinated separately they have to wait till September for all age bands are eligible.

1 Like

Why was that supermarket closed? Did you get the items you needed at the other one?

Ahh thank makes sense, thanks

I thought it sounded a bit odd

2 Likes