COVID-19: Melbourne/Greater Victoria Re-Opens

I am not really sure what you are arguing. I stated a fact. They let people go just as the peak was occurring, they are getting those people back because they were under staffed.

ABC says 650 new cases!

Had to wait in queue to get into Woolworths for the first time today. Red meat shelves were empty But there one staff member handing out steaks straight from a trolley.

Interesting that chicken seemed fully stocked with no one in the aisle.

Judging by whats happening in Victoria, don’t think that’s gonna happen for that particular state…

Now due to speak at 2:30pm.
https://twitter.com/simolove/status/1289770686416748545?s=21

2 Likes

Basically arguing you’ve been misinformed. Where’s your info from? Mine is from direct contacts within several government departments including a secondment to that very team. I guess it comes to your interpretation of understaffing. There have never been more people working in that team than there are now.

No I haven’t been.

Supermarket near my place is pretty much the same as any Sunday afternoon. I guess once we are told officially that we’re going into Stage 4 then the rush may be on, but hopefully people will remember that they got through it the first time, and then the second time, so going into further restrictions now won’t really be much different.

I guess the only issue might be the pressure on Wow and Coles is they are faced with reduced numbers in DCs etc. Woolworths have already closed multiple DCs in Melbourne did they not? I couldn’t get Veg at my local Woolworths all last week

Victoria will enter a ‘State of Disaster’ from 6pm tonight, along with Stage 4 beginning from that time too.

Curfew from 8pm to 5am.

2 Likes

Victoria, state of disaster indeed. It’s not wartime but there is a curfew.

Shopping centres?

Metropolitan Melbourne restrictions

• 5km radius only
• 1 person to leave home once per day
• 1 hour of exercise only
• curfew from 8pm - 5am

Regional Victoria restrictions

• From 11:59pm Wednesday - Stage 3 lockdown will commence

1 Like

3 Likes

Is the workplace talk tomorrow specific to Metro and/or regional ?

Daniel Andrews said in the press release that he would have more to say about workplace tomorrow. Presumably that includes which stores inside shopping centres can stay open.

So TL;DR: journos are full of fucking shit.

3 Likes
1 Like

This curfew is genius! Let’s force people to go about their lives in a shorter period of time! Fucking brilliant!

For the sake of the mods I’ll restrain myself before I end up in a defo suit, but goodness me this is pathetic.

1 Like

People on social media spreading the story that public transport would be shutdown were wrong.

3 Likes