COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

NSW really need to get on top of this. The virus is out-manoeuvring Gladys.

2 Likes

I see Gladys gave Dan some advice about border openings. How about she just focus on her own state?

9 Likes

The sooner Gladys gets told to fuck off, the better.

And no, Jodi wouldn’t be much better.

3 Likes

How so? I would say they are on top of it. 0 cases a few days in a row and the jump of 6 yesterday was 1 household and a close contact? It isn’t seemingly spreading wildly in the community.

2 Likes

Who is there to replace her though? She’s the best leader NSW has had probably since Carr.

2 Likes

8773 tests yesterday is very low.

Go to the zoo and find a monkey.

Or hell, give me the job. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good news for Victorians stranded in some parts of Sydney.

The local government areas (LGAs) of Blacktown, Canada Bay, Burwood, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Inner West, Liverpool, Paramatta and Strathfield will remain classed as red zones.

Premier Daniel Andrews said all other zones in Greater Sydney, as well as the Blue Mountains and Wollongong, would be classified as orange.

Those arriving in Victoria from orange zones are required to get tested within 72 hours of arrival and quarantine until they receive a negative result.

2 Likes

Victoria’s system is weird. Why have suburbs in red when they haven’t gotten a case yet? While Northern Beaches is in orange zone?

1 Like

I’d argue that she (along with O’Farrell & Baird before her) is possibly the worst leader of NSW since Askin.

2 Likes

Why can’t NSW get it back to consistently zero like the other states? They’ve had a lockdown in some parts and it’s still popping up. Look how Victoria went from over 700 cases a day to consistently zero. If NSW contact tracers are truly gold standard this outbreak should’ve ended by now.
And now Gladys is going to mandate the vaccine… the same woman who wouldn’t mandate masks?!

1 Like

It’s politically convenient to mandate the vaccine over masks.

Not that it’s right, but to her and her band of idiots it’s true.

3 Likes

Are you a monkey? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m God-freaking-zilla. :wink:

I would be really worried if you were a leader of anything :wink:

The number of tests was back above 10,000.

Those testing rates are horrible numbers

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr announced this morning that Sydney’s Northern Beaches will be removed as COVID-19 hotspot from 3pm AEDT today, however the 10 LGAs in the city’s inner west (Blacktown, Canada Bay, Burwood, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Inner West, Liverpool, Paramatta and Strathfield) will remain hotspots.

With Federal Parliament resuming next month, ACT Chief Health Officer Kerryn Coleman said applications for MPs and Senators living in those 10 LGAs would be considered on a case-by-case basis.

1 Like

Big jump in the number of tests from Monday.

NSW Health also said its ongoing sewage surveillance program overnight detected fragments of the virus that causes COVID-19 at a treatment plant in Glenfield, which takes in a catchment of more than 160,000 people in Sydney’s outer south west.

Thursday 21 January

Friday 22 January

Saturday 23 January

3 Likes