COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

But if you consider that 40% of the population has had at least 1 dose, and the % of people in ICU is only 9%, it’s effectively prevented another 20 people (31% of 67) from being in ICU as well.

1 Like

Such a strange observation to make. With daily cases of 300plus there are far less deaths and hospitalisations than there would have been if this happened this time last year. Sure some people have two doses now but people need to stop painting the picture that only second dose matters. It’s better to have one dose than none.

1 Like

Reports of exposure sites in Mittagong. Southern Highlands next in lockdown?
https://www.2st.com.au/news/highlands-news/156437-three-more-covid-19-contact-points-listed-in-the-southern-highlands

Not good, hope not for your sake.

390 (new record?) new local infections with at least 60 in the community. 128,000 tests yesterday.

Two people: One woman in her 40s (unvaccinated) and a man in his 90s (in palliative care) from the Hunter region died yesterday.

Very bad news indeed.

390 is indeed a new daily record for locally acquired cases in NSW, previous record was 356 from Monday this week.

Testing numbers remain pretty incredible though, that is one (small) positive.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1425986858442362890

140 of the 390 cases are linked to a known case or cluster – 118 are household contacts and 22 are close contacts – and the source of infection for 250 cases is under investigation. 98 cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period and 43 were in isolation for part of their infectious period. 58 cases were infectious in the community, and the isolation status of 191 remains under investigation.

138 cases were from south west Sydney, 123 from western Sydney, six from western NSW and five from Hunter New England region (One case is associated with RFBI Hawkins, the other are linked to previously reported cases). NSW Health also reported two new cases in Walgett (taking the total to three), and another eight cases in Dubbo (taking the total to 13), as of 8pm last night. All 10 cases appeared to be linked to the original Walgett case.
EDIT: another 15 cases were reported in western NSW today - see tweet below

He acquired his infection recently as part of the outbreak at RFBI Hawkins Masonic Retirement Village in Edgeworth, linked to a COVID positive staff member.

Is it time for one set of restrictions for the whole state?

1 Like

Yes it is. Why are they still doing rules by different LGAs? This virus is spreading everywhere.

2 Likes

My friend who lives in Penrith says she is confused by the different restrictions. She says a friend less than 5kms away is under stricter conditions than she is. I think it would make all involved in politics in NSWs, law enforcement and the public if there was just one lockdown for the entire state. KISS.

2 Likes

FUBAR.

I just find it very bloody confusing. I get they are trying to not give some LGAs heavy handed treatment with few cases however it gives me a migraine just looking at the restrictions list and LGAs.

And it just encourages those rule breakers to find a loophole to justify their activity because they can do one thing in one LGA but not another or their own.

404 infringement notices and 41 people charged for breaching public health orders. See the rules need to apply for everyone and everywhere. Anyone who defy this should be locked up.

1 Like

“Where is Dr Chant?” is trending on Twitter. Can’t say I’d blame her if she walked.

1 Like

A clearer breakdown of where the 25 came from.

10 in the 24 hrs to 8pm, 15 since then.

2 Likes

Huh? She’s probably just having a day off.

You really do jump to the extreme don’t you? Lol

1 Like

The part where I said I didn’t blame her wasn’t necessarily my thoughts, all the posts I’m seeing on Twitter are of people questioning whether she’s been sacked or resigned, both of which I think are unlikely. As you said, she’s probably just taking a day off.

When was she last there?