COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

Generally speaking, it’s safer for younger adults to get Pfizer, and thus better for older people to get the more readily available AZ.

I’m in the old fogie basket, I’m getting my first AZ jab tomorrow.

3 Likes

That’s not my point.

My point is that under 40’s aren’t eligible yet for Pfizer but two members here today alone have received it.

Why are school children in Year 12 getting it then??? It is eligible take a look at Health site.

Because Gladys wants them to be safe during their HSC.

Anyways we are getting off track.

My point still stands. How are you getting it tomorrow? Under 40’s aren’t eligible.

Soon to be Expired Doses?

I know a few in Brisbane and Melbourne that are on waiting lists, and if they have doses that are going to be disposed off, appointments cancelled anyone can take them. Why waste them? Need a bit of luck to score one though.

True but we don’t need to run theories on this.

I’m asking the person (Jacob) directly. He said he’s getting Pfizer tomorrow. I’m asking how.

I know many under 40s who have got Pfizer. They’ve gone to their GPs or had the special link shared amongst friends from nsw health and just jumped the queue.

It’s been a schamozzle really.

I’m over 40 and luckily I managed to get in to get Pfizer. Have had both doses.

1 Like

I’m 35 and had PZ two weeks ago. My GP had doses expiring. I had to be there within 60 mins though (Fri arvo). Other people had cancelled.

I know my GP from way back so perhaps she gave me priority. She was the only doc on and I was last patient on.

1 Like

I’m 19 and I work at Woolworths, so I fall into the essential worker @David. Does that answer your question?

6 Likes

Yep. Great. Thanks. That’s all I wanted to know. I thought I was missing out on some secret place haha.

2 Likes

Perhaps he died with covid not from Covid

Not sure if they break It out in Australia

Lots of Uk deaths are “with Covid”

1 Like

Then they need to make that absolutely clear.

The fact that his death was announced as part of the COVID briefing suggests it was FROM COVID.

But there’s the chance if they find another cause of death, it could be reclassified and removed from the count. Which has happened before.

1 Like

So am i!

2 Likes
1 Like

Is anyone else surprised by the number of people in ICU that have had 1 dose? Almost 10% atm. And 4 deaths with 1 dose.

I remember early in the rollout there were a lot of experts saying 1 dose gives significant protection. They’ve gone quiet. Hope there aren’t a lot of people that put off their 2nd dose because of a false sense that they are covered.

The data pool of people in Australia in hospital or ICU is way to small to come to any meaningful conclusions.

You need to look at data pools of tens of thousands

1 Like

I think those numbers show success and the impact of 1 dose.

Of Over 50s in NSW - which is the bulk of hospitalisations - there’s 72% with at least 1 dose, 37% with 2. Thus that means you have three groups - 28% with no doses, and 35% with 1 dose.

There’s a larger pool of 1 dose vaccinated than 0 dose, yet the 0 dose are 90% of the ICU cases? That’s success not failure.

4 Likes

Gladys, please just lockdown the whole state and stop this spreading.

1 Like

The reporting on this also suggests that the initial transmission wasn’t at the beach event, rather it’s at a house party in Shortland

3 Likes