COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

I expect that to age like milk

5 Likes

They’ve learnt nothing from this whole pandemic.

1 Like

Brad Hazzard: That says it will most likely happen soon anyway but we just want to bring the ‘good news’

WA Premier Mark McGowan said this morning that from 12.01am Tuesday August 17, NSW will be considered a high risk jurisdiction due to the increasing number of cases. It means anyone hoping to enter WA from NSW will need to have received at least a first COVID-19 jab and will be required to return a negative COVID-19 test 72 hours before travelling. They will also be required to use the G2G Now app – which allow police to digitally check on the location for users through their mobile phone.

And here it is. Mark this down for the history books folks. The first day where you need to be vaccinated to travel in Australia.

#FortPerth

3 Likes

WA should focus on their pathetic Vax rates, rather than trying to enforce it on the tiny proportion of people who are travelling from NSW under their existing limits.

Big announcement but what, 20 people a week effected maybe?

I just can’t help but laugh. How does anyone take this guy seriously? He hates NSW so much but he was born there. No credibility at all.

1 Like

I don’t see anything unreasonable about it. Mark McGowan is doing his job. I’d expect every other state to follow suit. The only hesitation until now would have been vaccine supply, but now that AZ is readily available to adults in nsw it can be done.

2 Likes

I think we shouldn’t be starting the “vaccinated only” world in Australia until a fair amount are actually vaccinated is all.

I’m wondering if McGowan knows something that we don’t with regards to the risks in NSW, hence his decision.

I’m expecting Steven Marshall, Michael Gunner and Peter Guetwin to do the same if the situation worsens. If QLD and Victoria also follows suit then Gladys would absolutely lose it.

1 Like

Isn’t this more than other states are doing in letting people from NSWs come into their state?

I’m assuming they are still required to quarantine?

The 14 day quarantine rule for people coming in from NSW still applies.

It’s likely that what McGowan is implementing will be with us for some time and across all facets of life - but as @moe raises, he also oversees a state that has the lowest vaccination percentages in the Commonwealth - whats his plan to improve this?

& really she will only have herself to blame.

1 Like

A few weeks ago Samantha Maiden on Insiders said that Gladys should be looking at lockdowns because otherwise she risks becoming known as the person who let Covid spread to the rest of Australia.

by my calcs, WA is 64,000 doses behind the national average. doesn’t seem bad considering other states have been given hundreds of thousands of extra doses to get to where they are.

i think the fairest thing to do would be to redirect pfizer from NSW to WA, NSW has been given almost 400,000 extras and they have AZ reccomended for everyone over 18, and can easily access it through GPs. Apart from school kids that cant get AZ, what do NSW need pfizer for? Until atagi changes their advice for other states or gps get their indemnity other states have a greater need.

lol

5 Likes

Other states have a greater need? Than Sydney? Right now? With 390 cases added today?

4 Likes

lol, she’s still got a job AFAIK, probably a day off or something. Another case of who cares from the

Redirecting vaccines from an area of urgent need to one where there no such urgent need? Makes sense.

Why can’t WA have extra AZ? If it’s good enough for NSW surely it’s good enough for everyone.

To their credit the fortress WA strategy has worked for them so why not wait a bit longer? They’re still not going to open up to the rest of the country in the meantime so what’s the rush?

2 Likes