COVID-19: Essential Shopping/Retail (Supermarkets, Food, Jigsaws etc)

Sadly? Or sensibly?

2 Likes

Sadly, because the panic buying is just in several stores in Victoria.

Seems people are nutbags all over Australia. Just did my shopping at Woolies in Sydney’s south and half the shelves of toilet paper and paper towels are empty now. :roll_eyes: No Quilton at all, which was on special this week so assuming they should have had plenty of stock on just the second day of the new catalogue.

Luckily Big W next door had Quilton. The checkout chick said they had been flying out the door all day today.

2 Likes

Yup, this was at a Woolworths in north-west Sydney. Heaps of people had packs in their trolleys and baskets.

2 Likes

This is happening in Sydney?

Yup. Flour and sugar stocks were a bit down as well.

Coles and Woolworths have announced that they’ll reintroduce purchasing restrictions nationwide after seeing an increase in demand. Earlier this week both supermarkets reintroduce product limits in Victoria.

2 Likes

There goes my idea for the next QLD Tourism campaign (when border open) - Beautiful one day - Plenty of Toilet Paper the next.

1 Like

Lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

For god sake, why are these people being idiots and rushing out and getting toilet paper? Whats the toilet paper got to do with the CoronaVirus. Seriously? This is beyond stupid. So a select few idiots have decided it was best to rush out for toilet. paper , just in case, just in case for what? There’s going to plenty of toilet paper? And now the nationwide limit has been imposed again because of some of the idiots in Victoria.

I have never witnessed such stupidity in my life.

2 Likes

People seem to be stocking up even here in WA. Bloody idiots. sigh, here we go again :frowning:

2 Likes

Except for that time, a few months ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It makes you wonder how many times a day do these people actually go to the toilet if they need so many packets of toilet paper :rofl:

You need food to shit people. Not dunny roll!

My question is - why is it just Quilton that’s flying off the shelves? The Woolworths and Coles brand products are just as easy a wipe as the others.

Quilton is the best, by far.

2 Likes

Another Woolies in South eastern Sydney. Still some shit tickets left on display out in the front - “Reliable” brand, imported from China. Expensive for the number of sheets you get.

4 Likes

Coles / Woolies will be disappointed that they have spent the last month or so actively clearing out the lines (primarily 4pk and 6pks they don’t usually stock in high numbers, or at all) they had a massive surplus of in stores at half price or better.

3 Likes

I heard about the panic buying re-starting again on Wednesday. Naturally I panic-buyed as a result of the mayhem. Technically wasn’t going to run out of toilet paper until mid-late July… purchased some just in case I wouldn’t be able to source it when I actually have run out of it.

Why though ? It’s not if we’ll run out it’s made in Australia !

Idiocy of some people.

3 Likes

Due to my own circumstances. I’m not due to run out until some point in July and what if the shelves were empty for weeks on end again ?

When it originally happened in March, I didn’t panic buy as I already purchased my usual supply in February (which technically lasted through to May). I tend to buy enough in one trip that lasts 1-2 months, so I don’t have to regularly carry it around with my regular shopping (its super annoying lugging TP slabs around on public transport)

3 Likes

Fucking idiots. Hasn’t someone told them COVID doesn’t make you shit yourself…right?

4 Likes