COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

QLD Update: 1 new community case on Gold Coast - unvaccinated and in community for up to 10 days, thought to be from interstate, works as a Uber driver; so sick that difficult to communicate so no venues are known. 4 HQ cases.

“10 days to go.”

Dr Young is pleading for mask and QR compliance. Seems QLD have a long way to go if they wanna survive opening up.

Brazil Senate report recommends COVID-19 charges be laid against President Jair Bolsonaro - ABC News

Start of a new wave of lockdowns in Europe?

3 Likes

Russia are on the brink of it as well but I’m not sure what some of these countries with low vaccination rates expected as the weather got cooler.

Latvia has <50% of their total population fully vaccinated. Russia who are also at a peak in deaths since the start of the pandemic (almost 1000 per day) only have 32% of their population fully vaccinated.

1 Like

In addition Russia also had their vaccinated population inoculated early last year which means that any protection of their vaccine (Sputnik) would’ve (to some extent) waned in efficacy.

1 Like

50% is low by European standards, but not bad compared to other countries. I wouldn’t have expected that such a massive surge in cases and death is still possible. Some middle American states should be nervous going into winter.

It does make you wonder whether we will be back in a lockdown again in the winter next year.

Probably unless we can get a decent amount of booster shots within the next six months AND can convince the population to take them.

1 Like

I want my booster ASAP :joy:

I’d probably wait until next Autumn, the big question is whether we’ll be able to get combo COVID/flu vaccines or have to get both separately.

ATAGI is scheduled to release its recommendations for boosters today or tomorrow. People who had the very earliest vaccine shots should be due about now depending on advice.

2 Likes

I know I am not even eligible. I was just joking. But in all seriousness as soon as it is recommended I am getting in line.

1 Like
1 Like

Looks like the NT’s vaccine mandates have worked a treat, 1st dose rate is picking up fast after they had stagnated. The recent lockdown in Tasmania also created a surge, even though they are already at 85% single dose.

As the result, WA today decided it would not relax its border with Queensland from tomorrow as planned.

:joy::joy::joy:

Just another unhinged moron who’s been brainwashed by Trump and the hard right’s dystopian delusion that America is the best country in the world and everywhere is now North Korea.

Another irrelevancy that is better off staying as far away from this part of the world as possible, though we’ll probably see her again on Big Brother VIP next year.

5 Likes

Ohh she’s nuts. She’s a frequent person on Fox News and spouts trump talking points. We don’t need liberating thanks.