COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

I wouldnā€™t trust SAs stance. They did state they would open up for Christmas if they had reached 80% double vaccinated. But SA flip flops all the time.

Iā€™m really starting to get the feeling Covid is just gonna do whatever COVID wants to do. No matter what we put in front of it.

The most Triple jabbed country. Green passport for just about everything.

Cases up from 12 a day to 10,000+

Positivity rate high at 6%

Health minister says covid spread is reaching record heights

I wonā€™t be surprised if we see the race clubs implement a mandatory vaccination for their staff too since the clubs are governed by Racing Victoria.

A 7.30 report from last night that may be of interest. Watch to the end because the title is a bit misleading.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analysis of the ratings system

QLD Update; No new local cases reported. New record number of vaccinations yesterday.

Super weekend for vaccinations:

Edited.

1 Like

There was one new case in hotel quarantine.

How are they counting though? If you vaccinate Israelis but not those in the occupied territories, you will never have the levels of community vaccination that can cut off transmission chains.

No where should be triple jabbing until the world has a first shot - if you let the virus bubble along in the developing world it will mutate and come back with a vengeance.

Hopefully soon there can be far more mRNA capacity come on so supply isnā€™t a problem and we can do appropriate boosters, but they will never work if the virus goes unchecked elsewhere.

3 Likes

every community hub will be open and walk-ins are allowed

Are community hubs normally closed on weekends?

Whats the deal with opening up Pfizer to the boomers? Are a few leaders getting a bit nervous about lagging vax rates?

1 Like

Probably more nervous that the massive per-capita allocations of doses from the UK are going to be wasted unless thereā€™s full accessibility to all ages. State vax hubs are getting more than double the projected September supply.

QLD and WA have been fully utilising all doses for about 6 weeks now but SA and TAS havenā€™t been able to for about the same timeframe.

60-69 and 70+ in SA/QLD/WA arenā€™t even that far behind the other states anymore like they were a couple months back. Iā€™m surprised though that we havenā€™t seen any grumbles from the feds about this considering the letter the PM has sent to all 60+ urging them to get AZ because Pfizer wonā€™t be availableā€¦

Now thereā€™s an interesting question for Media Spyā€™s South Australian correspondents: If they had to choose, would people there prefer to go East or West?

As someone in Perth Iā€™d expect itā€™d be a rare few in SA who would prefer staying open to WA only compared to opening back up to both VIC and NSW. Strength in numbers / variety every time, I suppose unless you only had family or friends in WA.

Iā€™m impressed how far the journos are managing to stretch a story of 2 premiers staying consistent with their respective COVID policies though.

4 Likes

I suppose thereā€™s always a few who have to get their Masterā€™s spearmint milk, though.

1 Like

Hannah Scott, who works as an insights manager at 10 in Sydney, has revealed she was suffering from pericarditis after getting a Pfizer jab.

This surprised me, surely if gun-crazy, libertarian USA can stomach far reaching vaccine mandates, there isnā€™t much of a reason for Australia to hesitate.

3 Likes

If 60% of Americans polled support vaccine mandates, youā€™d think a similar poll done here in Australia would bring back results around the 80-90% mark?

2 Likes

Wonder what the break down of support is though - 60% nationally could mean 80% west coast / north east and 30-40% south / mid west.

Good news that itā€™s not as polarising as many expected but nonetheless I would assume thereā€™s a geographical divide to some degree.

2 Likes

QLD Update: one new local case overnight. Another student at St Thomas More College in Brisbane has tested positive, but is in isolation.