COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

Huge testing numbers again. It seems like the Black Rock cluster is very much contained now but 0 cases probably won’t solve any links for that case yesterday though. I believe genomic sequencing might be available today.

1 Like

Apparently the company’s communications system is down and they’re unable to send out negative SMS results. Makes me wonder how many out of the 32,767 have not been told that they’re negative.

My manager returned a negative result. So I should be fine if/when I receive that text.

I still want to know if this MCG case is linked. Otherwise amazing work.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has returned from leave and will front this morning’s COVID-19 press conference.

1 Like

First time I have seen a map of the new border bubble which got sent to me by a local business similar to the NSW version but this one covers Wagga Wagga and Bendigo many websites still states Broken Hill is included but I think it has been removed

I like the VIctorian system better you only need to show your driver licences while NSW had a QR code which would of been quicker by itself but most times I also had to pull out my licence so it was pointless .

Win News last night also had a story encouraging people from Bendigo and Shepparton to travel and support local business in the Southern Riverina that have affected by mass cancellations due to the border closure

2 Likes

On the phone for 20 hours a day? I wouldn’t have called that a holiday at all. That’s more like being on call.

2 Likes

Should’ve been on the beers. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Scott Morrison said he would make himself available to get vaccinated on TV.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said a female in her 20s had tested positive to COVID-19. The woman is a casual cleaner at the Grand Chancellor in Brisbane.

Queensland chief health officer Jeannette Young has urged Queenslanders who visited the regional NSW towns of Orange, Nyngan and Broken Hill on January 2 or 3 to get tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate at home until they receive a negative result.

2 Likes

the USA has topped 4000 deaths in a day for the first time, The UK had over 1000 deaths for the first time since April.

1 Like

As I accurately predicted yesterday, the vaccination rollout has been brought forward again. Now set to begin in February. :laughing:

2 Likes

Of course he would. Showpony. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

So the 4 million getting vaccinated are they going to be the vulnerable and people working on the front line?

1 Like

I hate Scott, but every leader is doing that. Because people are worried due to the rushed production.

5 Likes

True, but it needs to be said.

Would be funny/worrying to see if Scotty from Marketing mutates into a monster in front of the entire nation as a result of the vaccine.

Frontline workers and vulnerable people should be the first in line for any vaccines, but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if celebrities, politicians and others of privilege actually get their jabs first.

Makes sense.
It’s somewhat implied that the Pfizer vaccine is essentially ready to be rolled out as soon as the TGA gives the nod, and the Oxford / AstraZenica not far behind.

3 Likes

It’s a suppository isn’t it?

1 Like

Well, this is the whole point. A couple of days ago the federal government was saying that testing had to be done in Australia before the TGA would approve it so we had to wait until late March.

Now they are saying that they are willing to accept the testing that happens overseas by manufacturers and health organisations for the TGA to approve them, so vaccinations can happen in February.

3 Likes

I’d laugh if it was applied to ScoMo as a suppository. I’d pay to see someone shove it up ScoMo’s backside. :stuck_out_tongue: