COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Ha. I donā€™t think so.

Apparently once the clock ticked over to midnight, VicPol started to wave through cars at the Echuca/Moama check point without checking permits/ID to clear the roads.

Imagine waiting in the queue for hours on end and once you reached the check point, they waved you through. Iā€™ve read some comments on social media that some people were waiting for more than 5 hours in the queue.

Like, I said last night. The Victorian Government shouldā€™ve given those who have visited a ā€˜green zoneā€™ until 11:59pm tonight to return quarantine free. Itā€™s a bit unlucky, if you were holidaying literally across the border and you have to quarantine for 14 days because you were unable to cross back into Victoria in time (ie - Echuca/Moama border town). Itā€™s a different story if youā€™ve been in a ā€˜red zoneā€™ or arrive after 11:59pm tonight - of course quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

1 Like

When I see these articles I keep thinking itā€™s a new case but this one was part of the cluster announced yesterday. So far it seems to still stand at 10.

Iā€™m surprised the Thai cafe staff only got tested today. You would have thought close contacts like them would have done so immediately. I guess if they are isolating it doesnā€™t make a difference but we should now still expect a few more cases in close contacts in the coming days then.

Mocha Joā€™s at Glen Waverley (which was among the first exposure sites revealed by DHHS) also posted a message on social media yesterday, thanking the local MP and the public for their support. It will reopen at 7am tomorrow.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcZ5dKDwUR/

1 Like

Hopefully scares a few businesses into better QR-code enforcement though.

1 Like

In NSW you now need to use the Service NSW app to sign in, which will hopefully improve contract tracing.

1 Like

Victoriaā€™s latest numbers -

What time is the press conference? Hopefully these are all close contacts already in quarantine.

Apparently 9:45am I read earlier

1 Like

10, shit, even if they are connected, thatā€™s decent community spread. This isnā€™t going to be over quickly.

Nopeā€¦ this is going to take weeks to clean up. :man_facepalming:

Hopefully all these cases where already at home in quarantine.

The Government did warn us it may get worse before it gets better.

Although, it canā€™t be that bad If Andrews hasnā€™t returned from holidays early. Plus we havenā€™t seen the Acting Premier since NYE. If they thought shit was about to hit the fan, we would be seeing Andrews and/or Allan by now not just the Health Minister for two days in a row.

I am feeling confident about this outbreak.

2 Likes

All of todayā€™s cases are linked to the Black Rock restaurant and the outbreak has been found to be linked to the NSW outbreak.

1 Like

Well there you go. FFS.

All positive cases in Vic today were already defined close contacts and isolating.

5 Likes

The Black Rock cluster now stands at 18 with 220 primary close contacts are in isolation. Thatā€™s a increase of 50 from yesterday.

The two people who fled Melbourne Airport yesterday have been found and will be fined $19,000 each. They are now in Goulburn.

4 Likes

At least 7 of the 18 cases in this cluster are people who dined at the Thai restaurant. The others are all very close contacts of those people and no additional cases have come from any other exposure sites.

Seems positive so far that itā€™s not more widespread than that.

5 Likes

Good. And I hope this fine stands and doesnā€™t get reduced on appeal. Dreadful, selfish actions of these two people.

2 Likes

Gladys approach of keeping the economy running with limited restrictions during any cluster outbreak as part of her ā€˜new normalā€™ is fantastic and all but that does not help other states who then get screwed over.

I mean I wonder if NSW had mandatory masks in place how heavy this would have spread down south or even at all.

Perhaps we should just all cut off NSW until a jab arrives.

It really does make me quite angry how they have essentially thrown Vic under a bus here due to their own arrogance. Vic residents have every right to be pissed off.

1 Like

As a resident of NSW, I think thatā€™s exactly what weā€™ve got to do along with making masks mandatory, closing down all non-essential businesses for a couple of weeks and banning Sydneysiders from travelling to regional NSW.