COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Iā€™ve noticed that there havnā€™t been any new locations added to the Vic exposure list since this morning apart from a Golf course in Cape Schank. Hopefully this is a good sign?

1 Like

I really hope Victoria is on top of this small outbreak. I am due back tomorrow to Victoria. Bit worried as my grandma is still quite sick so I really hope SA keeps its border open.

2 Likes

Someone sent me a video of fireworks going off in western Sydney. Iā€™m not surprised.

International borders will still be closed. They said the Majority of Oz vaccinated by October. All by a December. Then just need to wait for the rest of the world to sort their shit out. Mid to late 2022 until we can start opening to the world.

It eventually took 2.5 hours to pass through the border checkpoint. The amount of time that it normally takes for them to drive home.

A lot of Victorianā€™s cutting their New Years sort and heading home today/tonight to avoid compulsory testing/isolation for 14 days at home if they leave after 11:59pm tonight even if youā€™ve been in ā€˜green zoneā€™.

The Vic Government shouldā€™ve given residents who have visited a ā€˜green zoneā€™ until 11:59pm tomorrow to return to the state quarantine free (home or hotel).

1 Like

Think a few sites have been added tonight

Hopefully this is a good sign. Caught it early.

I am feeling at lot more confident in our contact tracing team than I was at the start of the second wave. This outbreak will be a test for them to see what they can do.

2 Likes

I think they demonstrated improvements with the butcher club cluster and then the subsequent cluster that emerged in the northern suburbs just as we were emerging from lockdown, theyā€™d employed this third ring isolation method then as well and got it under control quickly.

I really hope the hard border does not last a minute longer than it has to we should absolutely be operating on a hotspot model but closing to entire states is unnecessary right now.

2 Likes

Official numbers for Victoria -

This is good news. I was expecting more but there were only minimal locations added to the exposure list in past 24 hours and they are mostly shops/supermarkets (masks) and Golf courses so would hopefully be low risk.

2 Likes

I just really hope they know the source 100% today. That should give a lot more confidence they can control this quickly. I do find it a little concerning that the person from NSW has obviously not tested positive so it potentially isnā€™t sourced from interstate

It is going to speak volumes of Victoriaā€™s mask wearing if 3 infected people can go about their life for 10 days and not spread the disease much.

3 Likes

Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley says that genomic testing should be available shortly that could confirm that Victoriaā€™s cluster is linked to NSW.

3 Likes

They are also investigating a number of links to NSW with some contacts of positive cases. However given genomic testing takes a few days to complete nothing can be confirmed yet.

170 people have been deemed close contacts (in isolation) and they are expecting some of these to be positive. Hopefully it remains pretty contained.

3 Likes

Two close contacts have tested positive from one of the already positive cases from the Black Rock restaurant cluster.

The outbreak now stands at 10 if Iā€™m correct.

https://twitter.com/mrtimcallanan/status/1344827065611108352?s=21

https://twitter.com/mrtimcallanan/status/1344828784487276544?s=21

David Speers and Leigh Sales spreading false information about all Vic testing sites being closed. Honestly. What is wrong with these people?

1 Like

It was also mentioned in the Herald Sun so perhaps thereā€™s some truth in it? Mind you, it appears theyā€™re closed because theyā€™re too busy, not because of lack of use. The heading was a bit misleading and confusing.

Not closed, but at capacity. Temporarily suspended taking in new people to be tested, not that the sites had temporarily suspended operating which is what Speers implied. I think he misinterpreted what was stated by the Victorian government, but he should have clarified it before he tweeted as it makes him look like a goose.

4 Likes

Really?

Heā€™s retracted/updated his tweet after getting correct information. So no.

1 Like

As I said it was a bit confusing and perhaps it was an honest mistake.

1 Like