COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Iā€™m hoping we can at least stand up in a Melbourne bar soon.

36th consecutive day for Victoria.

3 Likes

And be able to have a bit more spontaneity going out. I miss randomly calling up a friend and asking to meet me at the pub in 10 mins with no problems getting in :joy:

1 Like

Agree. Those were the days!

When do we stop counting :stuck_out_tongue:

I think itā€™s safe to say the virus has been completely eliminating from the Victorian community now.

Internatinal arrivals commence from this Monday, Iā€™m expecting Victorias first new daily cases to be reported from international quarantine at the end of next week.

Hopefully we see a change to the daily reporting card that the Vic government tweet every morning. Similar to NSWs, in which it separates hotel quarantine guests from local transmission cases.

4 Likes

Heā€™s moving to Somers. An hour down the road from Malvern. Itā€™s a rural fringe area of Melbourne.

1 Like
1 Like

So she didnā€™t infect anyone?

Might be a bit early to determine that. Normally it take 2-3 days doesnā€™t it?

Why would it?

They announced it Thursday, get tested that day, results Friday. Weā€™d know by now right?

A colleague of mine got tested Thursday afternoon, still no results by late Friday afternoon.

NSW Health said in the video:
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1335011003776393216

As reported yesterday afternoon, the viral genome sequence from the recent COVID-19 case who works at a Sydney quarantine hotel complex does not match the virus strains seen in recent clusters in Australia.

The virus may be of United States origin. The source of infection may be international aircrew who were self-isolating in the hotel at the time, however investigations are continuing.

NSW is working with Commonwealth agencies to identify potential COVID-19 cases among aircrew who stayed at the hotel, who may have since departed Australia.

Testing of close contacts of the case is continuing, with no further positive results.

This suggests the worker got infected by someone currently in hotel quarantine.

Itā€™s not about the testing results though. Covid has a 3 day incubation period. So it depends how long she was infectious for. Her close contacts may not get a positive result for 3-5 days. And this is why it is so important to do the full 14 day quarantine if you are a close contact.

And I reckon theyā€™re not at the worst yet. The surge during Thanksgiving is really only the tip of the iceberg Americaā€™s headed for.

Trump must be so proud of his achievement at botching up his coronavirus response.

1 Like

Two people arrived in Sydney on an international flight, didnā€™t quarantine and then boarded a flight to Melbourne and are now in quarantine here.

How the fuck can ANY of these people who land in Australia from overseas just go about their own business and board a domestic flight? Why arenā€™t they taken straight off their plane and sent straight to hotel quarantine?

I donā€™t get it.

2 Likes

NSW is the gold standard.

6 Likes

How is that even possible? I thought the exits and everything were guarded and everyone had a one-way path to the hotel shuttle bus instead of another plane.

1 Like

Any link to the details?

1 Like