COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

I reckon Sydney will be back in lockdown before the end of the week; this virus is like a bull in a china shop once it gets going. Hope Iā€™m wrong. Hopefully the ACT and surrounds can avoid the worst of this and subsequent waves.

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Iā€™m not too sure. Maybe suburbs/postcodes like how Victoria started 2.0

question if the mayor of a council told you to wear masks but are no where near the lockdowns atm and also told you not leave the council boundires and wont name where the mayor got the health info from would you listen to the major or inthis case the cho of that state? who has said that unless there in the lock down areas dont have to wear masks and can travel freely just not in the lockdown areas?

That was as effective as enforcing marijuana laws in Nimbin.

3 Likes

The CHOā€™s advise should be the prevailing requirements of the day - the mayors advise is more an encouragement (and on the face of it, sensible).

If the mayor is suggesting people apply a higher standard then what is being required, I donā€™t see a big issue with it - if its the opposite then theres an issue.

4 Likes

DisneyWorld has pulled this horrifying ad, one day after the park reopened in the worldwide epicentre of the pandemic. many online comments saying it gave them nightmares, and compared it to a scene from The Shining.

1 Like

Lets see what tomorrows results are like (at least) first

2 Likes

No more bloody lockdownsā€¦Iā€™m travelling home on Wednesday. If we go back to remote learning Iā€™m going to be effing crankyā€¦at least give us an extra week of holidays to sort it out.

1 Like

I think people are jumping the gun a bit here. The problem is nowhere near bad enough to justify any lockdowns yet in Sydney. The numbers are still very low. Lockdowns of entire cities canā€™t just be an immediate action when there are minor outbreaks or spikes if we need to live with it. It would have to trend upwards for a couple of weeks and be becoming a widespread problem before going that path. Hopefully tracking and tracing can contain it and it doesnā€™t become a big problem.

5 Likes

But doesnā€™t it become a bigger problem that will then bring harder and longer lockdowns? I certainly donā€™t want lockdowns at all but I donā€™t want what Melbourne has now. Those post code lockdowns didnā€™t work and lasted 2 mins.

4 Likes

Hear Hear

Yes.

NSW CHO Kerry Chant said today that those things are considered when there are cases that they cannot trace. However, as she said today, at the moment they are able to trace all positive cases to an outbreak and/or someone that has tested positive.

3 Likes

I would be listening to health advice and if They are saying wear masks wear them.

1 Like

Yes but we canā€™t just shut shop everytime that an outbreak or community transmission happens. If thatā€™s the case then there is no moving forward from this. A lockdown is an extreme measure when there is a significant widespread problem or increasing trend in cases over time. Thereā€™s no point having teams that track and trace if we jump straight into a lockdown for something that might be controlled. Weā€™ve been told that we need to live with it and low levels in the community are the norm. These numbers are still low.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with it?

1 Like

I donā€™t see anything wrong with it.

Thatā€™s the ideal but that doesnā€™t seem to be working. Melbourne has been a disaster and Sydney is going that way and theyā€™re not working hard enough to cut it off. I despair at the outcome of this. I hope Iā€™m wrong but i sense diabolical ramifications.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/kmart-team-members-tests-positive-greensborough-store-shuts-for-deep-cleaning/news-story/d359ea66c20d830f2ac977a51739e1c8

I just saw the ad and also felt thereā€™s nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

Localised lockdowns donā€™t work in cities like Sydney or Melbourne, unless the government is prepared to close the individual postcodes down completely (No in or out).

People in Melbourne were still travelling in and out for work etc. The local lockdowns were also introduced too late in Melbourne as the virus was already seeding in adjacent postcodes.

3 Likes

The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that the Berejiklian Government will tomorrow announce new restrictions for pubs and large venues due to the states new coronavirus cases.

3 Likes