COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

I am thinking this could be the case.

If you are in one of those postcodes are you allowed to still go to work?

List of the dos and donts for the 10 suburban hotspots.
https://twitter.com/CandiceWyatt10/status/1277835362207805441?s=20

Yes, work and education is allowed if unable to do it from home

2 Likes

I assume you are allowed to go outside your postcode for those essential reasons too?

no your not allowed to

1 Like

Yes. I was just talking to my F45 trainer and he lives in one of those postcodes but said he will still be coming to work (which is on the complete opposite end of town in Malvern). He says he doesn’t do anything other than work or stay at home anyway so no real difference for him.

I was just reading Dan Andrews statement and it feels like the tipping point for the lockdown in these areas was the fact that over 1000 people in Keilor Downs & Broadmeadows refused testing. I can’t believe the number is that high.

4 Likes

thats a very grey area. and with police being all around the exits that would have to be an very very valid reason.

Thanks for that still a little confusing though. For example if you work in the city you are allowed to go to work if you cannot. But what if your gym is in the CBD?

I don’t get it. It’s a free test and they have saliva testing now don’t they?

if you live in these locations, there will again only be four reasons to be out:

Shopping for food and supplies. Care and caregiving. Exercise. And study or work – if you can’t do it from home.

Wherever you can, you should do these things as close to home as you can. But if you do need to leave your postcode, those same restrictions – those same four reasons – travel with you.

1 Like

For everyone outside the zone: please be smart, be safe and pay attention to the directions. If you don’t then your local area might be next into lockdown – and no one wants that.

One more thing I need your help with:

If you know someone in one of these areas who doesn’t have the internet, who might be a bit more isolated, who might perhaps miss this message – please pick up the phone, give them a call or text and let them know. And if a mate or a loved one decides to break the rules, call them out on it.

This is clearly not where we wanted to be. I know people are tired. We’re all frustrated. We all just want things to go back to how they once were.

And the sooner we all do the right thing, the sooner we can beat this.

We all have a part to play.

And it’s up to all of us to make this work.

I think the saliva test only became available more broadly yesterday or today and it’s generally for children or the more vulnerable/elderly. It probably mostly comes down to the attitudes of some people in those areas. I don’t know if it’s a cultural thing or if they are the type that don’t think Corona is a problem and refuse to do test etc. Probably a combination of both.

2 Likes

This is where people will get confused they will think they can go out of their suburbs to the gym.

well they cant

But if they say you can go out for exercise and gyms are open there is some confusion there. This is the trouble with suburb lockdowns.

gyms in those lockdown suburbs are closed anyways and police will be at all the major exits in and out of those lockdown subrubs

Ok but you aren’t really listening to my point. For example if I lived in one of those suburbs but my gym is in 3000. Their gyms are still open and they are being told they can leave the house for exercise.

so if you lived in one of those suburbs then you wouldnt be able to gym excerise wasnt part when we all had stage 3 lockdowns. so its not included in the suburbs lockdown

1 Like

Come on, you really don’t need to go to the gym to get exercise to be honest , it’s just a pick up scene (Seinfeld) lol :slight_smile:

Go in the back yard run around, play cricket with yourself, run around in the backyard :smiley: 30 minutes a day :stuck_out_tongue: You’ll be good as good.

1 Like

What’s a backyard?

1 Like