COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Iā€™d say itā€™s the people in Melbourne who havenā€™t followed the rules and passed on / caught COVID-19 are the cause, not the SA government.

8 Likes

64 new cases in Victoria overnight

3 Likes

I agree. It wasnā€™t that hard to follow instructions in my opinion. SA have a right to protect their own people and as does WA.

3 Likes

Not too bad considering over 15,000 tests were done in the last 24 hours.

2 Likes

A new flu virus has been discovered, even as COVID-19 cases are increasing in many parts of the world.

2 Likes

In Queensland.
From 3 July move to some aspects of Stage 3: 100 guests at private functions, gym; contact sports back, kids sport, no maximum number for venues (pubs, cafe, etc), 25,000 in stadiums or 50%. However, still maintaining social distancing.

Border with Victoria will remain closed and will be strengthened. Quarantine for anyone from Victoria (at their won expense) for 2 weeks.

Other states - from 10 July - people can travel into Queensland after completing a declaration (to ensure they havenā€™t travelled to Victoria).

1 Like

Woohoo, holidays here we come!

This is harsh, and will discourage people in other states to holiday in Victoria.

2 Likes

But it has to be this way as long as there is community transmission happening in Victoria.

2 Likes

Given the lack of a Melbourne-centric lockdown, other states have to treat Victoria as if there are cases statewide. If the Victorian Government locked down specific hotspots, other states would probably be willing to take in Victorians unaffected by the clusters.

3 Likes

But a lockdown of specific hotspots in Melbourne will affect hundreds of thousands of residents which donā€™t have coronavirus, plus numerous schools and businesses in the areas. Do we have to demonise them like that? This should be done as a last resort.

https://twitter.com/SimoLove/status/1277816772616269825
https://twitter.com/SimoLove/status/1277817130977648640
https://twitter.com/SimoLove/status/1277817206319927296

If todayā€™s cases are mostly same areas then these localised restrictions possibly needed and rural areas shouldnā€™t be punished either. Thatā€™s why they should have a stay at home order to people in those suburbs for a couple of weeks unless they and members of their households have a recent negative test. I reckon thatā€™s where itā€™s gonna go. Or maybe heavier restrictions in particular councils like no or 2 visitors to your households in those areas. I feel something is coming given how late press conference is and theyā€™d have results of the blitz.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe itā€™s harsh at all, if itā€™s to keep the spread being transmitted to other states through contact spreading, then I am all for it. WA is doing well we havenā€™t got any transmissions in the community and so far only over seas travellors have been tested positive to COVID-19. Blame the people that ignored the rules at the time and spread COVID-19 through direct or non direct contact into the hot spots in Victoria. They are the ones to blame for putting Victoria in such a state.

How on earth is this going to work with NSW while our Southern border is still open?

The border crossing are still to be maintained. To enter the state you need a permit where you have to declare you havenā€™t been to Victoria. Big fines for false declarations to be enforced.

Well until then, the borders will most likely remain shut, or until community transmission numbers are low. And so it should.

Why would states take such a risk? A resurgence of COVID-19 would be detrimental to many businesses in other states.

At least itā€™s going down (kind of).

1 Like

as a victorian i totally disagree with you. its there fault that if there is alock down (which reports are coming out thats what going to happen) i am sorry but uf we have to demonise them then so be it.

How many more Victorians have to get it before you implement it as a last resort? 1000, 10,000, 100,000?

2 Likes