COVID-19: Discussion of Impact đŸ˜·

The Victorian Government announced today that from March 27 (four weeks from today), businesses using electronic record keeping must use a system that seamlessly integrates with the government’s contact tracing system to help contact tracers respond to outbreaks even faster. It is hoping businesses will switch to Service Victoria’s own check in app.

3 Likes

ohok. i must of missed seeing this

i wonder if after that more restrictions here in vic might be eased .

These people really are lacking something up top.

3 Likes

What other restrictions would you like eased?

1 Like

From today, NSW will now include both local and overseas acquired cases in the active case count for the state.

4 Likes

do we know why the sudden change? when previously overseas acquired wasn’t counted

You’d expect to (finally) be in line with what every other state and territory in Australia is doing.

that’s what I thought too. but always wondered why they weren’t counted till now

VIC’s latest numbers -

1 Like

I wonder whether its something to do with having no local cases

1 Like

Here are today’s numbers.
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1365814649929621508

1 Like

I’d like to see Masks go back to strongly encouraged or mandatory only on PT. I just sat through a 2 hour stage show with one on and off and it’s not the most comfortable experience and kinda pointless when you’re taking it off to eat and drink then out back on?!

2 Likes

Queensland has a new COVID check in app for restaurents etc. It is based on the ACT one.

Czechia has overtaken Belgium to be the country with the highest deaths per capita, and it looks like a new wave is just starting. There are a few European countries showing early signs of a new wave.

Today’s VIC and NSW figures.

There’s some talk on Twitter about this too

Poland Germany France USA brasil Argentina and a few others showing the 7 day average a small wave back up - maybe 4th wave. God let’s hope not

1 Like

Have these countries begun their own vaccination programs yet?