COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

I know people like to come to the defence. But my comment wasnā€™t a criticism it was merely a wondering because the number was quite low compared to earlier last week when it was near to 20,000. Even in their tweet they are hashtagging every test matters so it is clearly not the number they wanted. So just wondered if Dan Andrews or someone would come out and publicly push for more tests.

Daniel Andrews revealed this morning that there were now no mystery cases in Victoria, and that the state was on track to ease restrictions next Sunday.

NSW has recorded no cases of community acquired COVID-19 cases for the 8th day in a row.

2 Likes

Amazing work Australia! Is that 8 days of no local cases around the entire country?!

2 Likes

122 posts were split to a new topic: COVID-19: SA Outbreak

Personally I would like to see it higher in SA. I have some friends who have been sick recently and havenā€™t bothered to get tested. It isnā€™t that hard to get tested. I think itā€™s something victorians embraced a little better that when they are sick they get tested. Maybe with these new cases more people will go get tested.

I really still wonder whether hotel quarantine was the best option anywhere

What would you have done?

No idea, Iā€™m not an expert, Iā€™d like to hear what the options were from the experts.

1 Like

Considering how they had to think quickly or risk a country wide exposure, it was definitely the best option. I think itā€™s working well. No way would I ever trust people to go home and isolate alone.

The ā€œbestā€ option? Possibly not - but I doubt there is a best option, least worse seems more appropriate

1 Like

Is there not a case for people to be tested and proven negative before the board their planes to Australia? Perhaps they quarantine that end first? (I know that policing that would be hard).

Or even a national quarantine location, not in the middle of the cities.

Like in Alice springs or something? That could just see our my vulnerable put at risk.

Didnā€™t say that but one central location a bit out of the cities would work well youā€™d think.

THIS!

My sister was sick last week, lives in Regional NSW and didnā€™t bother with a test we argued back and forth. She just doesnā€™t understand and that seems to be the thought process of many who havenā€™t had to go through what we in Melbourne/Victoria have had to.

Yet here we have QLD ramping stadiums to 100% capacity. No doubt just so the premier can shove the boot into NSW if they can help QLD with the originā€¦ wouldnā€™t put it past her.

1 Like

For the seventeenth consecutive day, Victoria has recorded no new cases or deaths.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/averages-easing-restrictions-covid-19

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s easy for states that have had no community cases for months to just feel like everything is normal. A case popping up can be a good wake up call to remember that the only way to stay on top of it is through testing.

Iā€™m already feeling complacency in Melbourne. I know testing numbers have been pretty good but thatā€™s through a lot of blitzes and now asymptomatic tests in workplaces. People are just going back to life like everything is normal again, which is fine and we deserve it as long as people donā€™t take it for granted. Maybe cases popping up in other states will be a wake up call to remain cautious.

WA response is frustrating when we havenā€™t gone for elimination (but they clearly have). Itā€™s just not useful opening borders then shutting them the second a case pops up which needs to be expected will happen from time to time. I wouldnā€™t feel confident booking any trip there (if we ever can) if thatā€™s how quickly they react. There should be a window or circumstances should be assessed for those who are already travelling in the next couple of days. and if there is zero connection from passengers to anyone linked or the areas then shutting border last minute is an overreaction at this point.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Really does show how it can get out of hand so easily. Which is why Iā€™m skeptical about ā€˜COVID normalā€™ domestic Interstate leisure travel until a vaccine arrives. I donā€™t think I will risk any interstate holiday until mid next year when some form of vaccine is hopefully available. Will spend too much time online stressing if borders will drop.

It could happen anywhere.

2 Likes