COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

I went into Norton Plaza at Leichhardt yesterday and was surprised at how many people were wearing masks there and almost all shopkeepers in the centre and staff at Coles were wearing them.

They did have a link to a case at Harris Farm Market there last week so I guess everyone was talking precautions.

3 Likes

I’ve got a number for the pathology lab, Will give them a call tomorrow.

Definitely escalate and your results will magically appear. Not being sarcastic, seems to be the way.

To my fellow Melbourne members. Good luck with this presser.

The minority has ruined it for all us.

4 Likes

And Victoria has recorded 671 new cases and 7 deaths over the past 24 hours. Some media outlets said earlier that up to 17 people had died.

3 Likes

One more case in QLD overnight but this one not associated with the Melbourne couple which continues the good (and somewhat lucky) news.

2 Likes

We probably should have done this earlier - but no time like the present.

The thread linked below will link to places where you can find/get help if you think you need it - if you’ve got any good links that arent there, shoot me a PM and I’ll get them included

3 Likes

Finally got my hand on a decent webcam in case #KoalaKiller puts us back in lockdown and I have to revert to online learning. Don’t you dare put us back into lockdown Gladys… :rofl:

#IWorkForNSW

I’m predicting 1000+ cases in Victoria at least one day this week. The official testing figures get released 2-3 days behind swabs being taken but there would be early sampling done to help guide the response.

Going to stage 3 we saw a sharp increase a few days after the tighter restrictions were announced.

2 Likes

Interesting. I am actually predicting the opposite. I think we will see some steady numbers in the 500 before a decrease by the end of the week.

2 Likes

Let’s not predict anything! It does nothing at all helpful.

Number speculating/bingo feeds into the whole mental health thing posted by @bacco007 above and isn’t healthy.

5 Likes

I’m predicting the speculation in this thread continues :smile:

5 Likes
1 Like

Unconfirmed reports that there are 429 new cases, as well as a further 13 deaths.

1 Like

No new cases in Queensland today after 7,482 tests yesterday including a nursing home where one of the Melbourne trio attended.

6 Likes

Only 13 in NSW, only 9 of which locally transmitted. NSW well and truely on the ball.

2 Likes

Yeah come back in a month though. Impossible to tell. I hope they stay on the ball.

1 Like

Yes there seems to be more unknown local transmission rather than to linked cases.

1 Like

They have been mostly local transmission cases ince the Crossroads Hotel outbreak a few weeks ago. The fact that this hasn’t exploded suggests NSW is doing a very good job to trace and contain them.

1 Like

South Australia has recorded 2 new cases in the past 24 hours.

Premier Marshall has also announced some new restrictions to come into effect from midnight tomorrow.

• Home gatherings now limited to 10 (perviously 50)
  • Alcohol only to be consumed while seated at licensed venues

The next to be reviewed will be attendance at football matches and gyms.

5 Likes

I think this is a wise thing to look at.

1 Like