COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

QLD Update: 6 cases found associated with the school case yesterday - all 5 cases in one household + the tutor for the student , expected to be the index case.

From 4pm today there will be a lockdown in 11 LGAs. 10 km restriction. Until 4pm on Tuesday.

Origin of cases is 2 cases in HQ.

Sounds like the harshest lockdown ever implemented in QLD. Hang in there guys.

The impacted areas of South East Queensland include:

• City of Brisbane
  • Moreton Bay Regional Council
  • City of Gold Coast
  • City of Ipswich
  • Lockyer Valley Regional Council
  • Logan City
  • Noosa Shire Council
  • Redland City
  • Scenic Rim Regional Council
  • Somerset Regional Council
  • Sunshine Coast Regional Council

Unless it’s linked to the case of the testing worker

Oh wow. Bad news for Queensland. Hopefully it’s a short one.

Obviously seeing with what’s happening in Sydney… Going hard and fast is the way to go.

1 Like

Brisbane thread is now reopened

1 Like

Governments seem keen on the idea of locking out non-jabbed people from participating in certain things (concerts, sporting events etc, but i’d expect it broaden to more mundane things too) - it will be interesting to what impact that has

1 Like

So the new Vic case in the community was actually another traffic controller who shared a vehicle with the index case. He has been isolating since Wednesday and has a very small infectious exposure window, which is why the Doncaster supermarket is the only exposure site listed. All other staff at the testing site have returned negative tests.

6 Likes

Hopefully @Pranks can have the conclusion they jumped to back after that news.

Thought the big where he carpooled might have come out earlier, but I guess if the colleague didn’t return another positive it’s a moot point and could cause unnecessary concern for someone who would have been isolating anyway

Big business to step in where the government has failed.

1 Like

The other new case in Victoria was a personal close contact in the Newport apartments in Melbourne’s west who was visited by the index case (traffic controller). All remaining 30 residents at the apartments had returned initial negative tests.

So no need to put him in jail?

1 Like

Vic CHO brett sutton said there is a reasonable if not high level of cofidence that the mooney valley testing site traffic controller picked it up from there. likey from a postive case going through there

1 Like

Vaccination numbers ticking up as expected, now at 19% (eligible pop) across the country. WA is the lowest of the states and territories.

I am actually surprised that QLD is in lockdown, didn’t see it coming.

The 1,000-bed facility could be operational in 2022.

Does anyone know what happened to the first person visited by the three removalists when they came to Victoria a few weeks ago? I heard that he was wearing a mask and initially hadn’t caught covid but I haven’t heard anything since.

Not much more to add, he wore a mask and didn’t catch covid. I don’t think he can be blamed for the behavior of the removalists.

1 Like

Oh I wasn’t blaming him, I was just hoping he didn’t end up getting covid because it would be great example for other states with lax mask rules.

1 Like

Victoria’s cases numbers -