COVID-19: Discussion (2022 Onwards)

Fair point. I might consider getting a booster when able to under health advice, especially with the bivalent booster available now.

3 Likes

The thing that has me hesitant about getting a 5th jab is the side effects.

3 out of 4 times I’ve spent the next 3-4 days battling chills, aches and fatigue.

try a different vaccine then the previous ones, it may just be that particular vaccine that knocks you for 6.

I’ve had Astra Zeneca for the first two, then Pfizer and then Moderna.

Only the 2nd AZ one didn’t give me side effects.

Maybe go back to Vaxzevria or even go to Novavax as that is similar to the first two that you have had.

I don’t think Vaxveria is being offered anymore because of the risk of blood clots?

Hasn’t been offered since early 2022.

I have had this annoying tickle in my throat since last Friday no other symptoms ever since i dropped off some green waste at the dump and it was windy . If i cough it sort of relieves it only cough maybe once or twice a day . Unless I test it could be anything there is no phlegm . I notice if i put the air con in the car on that i start coughing too so could be something in the air maybe.

I do remember hearing a dry cough being a symptom of COVID19.

1 Like

Have you taken a RAT test yet to find out?

Apparently we are now entering a small wave of cases due to the new Kraken variant.

Some states are recommending booster shots to help protect against this variant, which is not expected to be any more severe than Omicron.

2 Likes

Today is the 3 year anniversary of March 12 2020. The day the magnitude of the pandemic started to dawn on people. Tom hanks tested positive, The WHO declared a pandemic, US sport codes suspended seasons, international borders were closing by the minute and everyone went crazy over toilet paper.

3 Likes

And Friday 13 March 2020 was the last day of normality for most office workers. Monday 16 March 2020 was when most started working from home. In my case, we still haven’t gone back.

You haven’t gone back? Why? That’s insane.

For me, that day was Monday March 23 when we first went in lockdown. That was a truly eerie feeling - it really hit home then seeing almost everything shut for the first time when it wasn’t Christmas or Easter.

My employer has not requested that we return to the office yet.

We had an announcement last Monday that they want to allow employees who have not been vaccinated to work in the office. There is a 7 day consultation period happening now. I expect that there will be some sort of announcement tomorrow or soon after.

Maybe they will encourage all staff to return after that. I’m not sure they want everybody back though.

Incredible. I wonder if there’s any other companies still doing this. First I’ve heard of it. The world has been back to normal for well over a year now. Strange.

I work in a small team who live all around Melbs and we have no plans to return to an office either.
Mostly agreed that it’s easier for everyone to be WFH and a cost saving for us

My workplace officially has a 3 days in the office policy. But compliance is very low, even with senior management. No one seems to care, as long as the work gets done, I don’t see the problem.

I don’t think it’s healthy to work from home full time though. You need the social interaction and the excuse to leave the house and get out.

You’d have to have amazing self control to work from home.

5 Likes

Our company reduced the office space it leases now and everyone is hot desking. I expect they will want people to do at least two days a week from home because they now don’t have the office accommodation.

I agree with you David.
Despite our WFH arrangements I hate it.

1 Like