COVID-19: Discussion (2022 Onwards)

Oh interesting. I guess that makes sense - breaking through the vax.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance but if they’ve tested positive via a RAT then is there much point getting a PCR? You say they have symptoms so can’t they just isolate themselves for 7 days and monitor themselves. If things go south call an ambulance otherwise get back into life on day 7?

Moderators, what are the rules about posting the daily updates from twitter from NSW Health and Vic Health dept on this new single thread?

1 Like

It’s the health instructions, they fulfill all the criteria of people that need to get a pcr.

But they’ve given up for today, they think it is a hazard to be driving around while feeling so stressed and fatigued.

16 new cases have been recorded in Bendigo today, a drop from 31 yesterday.

1 Like

I saw a tweet the other day showing that the fed govt had abandoned updating case numbers in the app earlier this month without acknowledging why, so it’s well and truly done.

1 Like

We’ll allow them for the moment

2 Likes

Why would there be any problem? This is the only thread now so it combines everything that was previously separated.

1 Like

We’re going to trial something new in this thread - a table of contents that will allow people to jump around to specific points in the discussion easily - if it works, we might roll it out to other threads too :slight_smile:

If there is something specific that should be included in the ToC - let me know

2 Likes

They can clog up the thread and are also easily accessible on other platforms.

Did anyone watch the VIC presser today?

There’s a lot of negative sentiment on Twitter after it. Mostly about VIC towing the federal line to the detriment of the state and following the NSW path.

Not really, unless there is a lack of discussion. Most discussion also comes from the daily numbers, at least for me.

1 Like

the RAT might give a false positive. A PCR can confirm

Also allows for some tracking of the outbreak - especially if its a self-administered RAT.

BBL Outbreak
https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/status/1476750331933446147

2 Likes

With the new definition of “close contacts” being announced - meaning they only really relate to household type settings, why do we still need QR code check ins at retail and hospitality venues?

They seem a bit pointless to me, other than being to advise you to monitor for symptoms from an exposure site (which is the new rule anyway in most states).

Have I missed something with that?

Indoor mask mandates returning in the NT from 6pm tonight

Looks like NSW may drop the check-ins again soon

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/nsw-to-scrap-qr-codes-again-as-covid19-infections-surge/news-story/188cdca49c8ff358db65f39a480c56d1

That’s good news from my perspective.

1 Like

How many people still check in every time they go somewhere?

As i posted earlier today.

The only potential use in Queensland is to theoretically check vaccination status for no vital services.

1 Like