COVID-19: Discussion (2022 Onwards)

I still do. Can’t speak for NSW, but I’m noticing that basically everyone still checks into retail stores in Victoria. Well that’s the case in my area anyway.

4 Likes

They’ve rehashed the talking points from the last time they removed them - swear that statement word for word was made earlier in the month

Not that I am leaving home a great deal these days, trying to avoid doing so as much as possible, but when I do I generally observe people still complying with checking in.

3 Likes

Are QR check-ins still required in Victoria?

With exception to rural / regional WA, I believe this means indoor mask mandates are now applicable nationwide.

I do.

1 Like

Most people in the parts of Brisbane I have seen seem to use the check in app.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re still mandatory.

I honestly thought that compliance would have reduced in recent months because of fatigue regarding restrictions, but it still seems to be at a similar level as before (from what I’ve observed anyway).

2 Likes

NSW lost that on 15 Dec, only for our government to backflip a week later. They don’t know if they’re coming or going.

2 Likes

Yes, the NSW Govt is in the Gold Medal position for government gymnastics with all the backflips they are doing.

1 Like

Not surprised, at this point of time with NSWs case numbers, check-ins are nothing more than a placebo.
It’ll be interesting to see if they backflip once again once case numbers start to burn out.

I tend to agree to this.
I know that the RAT tests aren’t as accurate as the PCR is, but I seem to recall seeing somewhere that they’re much more likely to give a false negative rather than a false positive. I tend to think if you get a positive RAT then you’ve probably got COVID.

If the government want to push more towards RAT testing as the standard, I think they need some sort of reporting system where people can report a positive RAT test and just stay home to isolate rather than going out and lining up with other people to get a PCR test that will likely just say the exact same thing.

Something like this from the UK: Report a free NHS COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK

I do

I wonder if the increased compliance in Victoria to QR codes comes down to the ease of using the app. With manual check in options and only needing to check in (not check out as well), this does make the user experience a lot more friendly and simple than NSW’s system. From personal experience- Victoria- I can be checked in within 15-20 seconds the majority of the time and I’m all done. NSW on the other hand- usually takes 30-45 seconds to check in as the app is slower and requires authentication, plus another 30 seconds to check out.

I can do check-in in 10-15 secs and out in 5-10 secs. But then I use it almost every day.

1 Like

33k cases reported today in Australia. That could put us in the top ten countries worldwide. Only behind countries with much larger populations. We’re becoming the worlds hotspot.

2 Likes

Interesting. I was standing waiting for my partner outside a retail shop yesterday and not one person checked in. So I was wondering. There might have been a QR code inside but I found it interesting no one checked in from the outside.

I have to admit there has been a few times I have gone to the supermarket and not checked in.

We are basically the epicentre. But is that such a bad thing? We have heard about hybrid immunity. Don’t we want to have some sort of immunity leading into winter? I wouldn’t want to see these sort of cases in July.

I’ve used both. The vic app is much easier to use.

A somewhat positive spin amongst all the doom and gloom.

6 Likes