Corporate

2 Likes

Very good results. Clients are facing higher advertising costs as ARN ups their rates. Inflation will do that :blush:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Blackley has stepped down as Ford wasn’t his pick as CEO, so has cleared the air.

The other interesting matter from that article, thanks for posting:

It was also announced following the CRA AGM that members had formally voted to change the CRA company name to “Commercial Radio & Audio”.

Mediaweek seem to have buried the lead.

By naming their anti competitive, protectionist owners’ club ‘and audio’, is that audio just for their radio members or are they opening their membership to other audio providers such as podcasting?

2 Likes

what you missed is that they changed the name to “Commercial Radio & Audio’’

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Still no group programming director for Nova Ent. In desperate need of fresh eyes overseeing their entire business.

2 Likes

It might be better to not have a Group PD at Nova. Although, by now you would’ve hoped to have seen Nova106.9 return to its former funky self, and see some changes at Nova96.9.

A shame that Nova “sounds safe” these days.

2 Likes

Harriet Power is returning to SCA from maternity leave on February 6, joining the Content Leadership Team in a new role as head of brand experience across the Hit and Triple M networks and LiSTNR, reporting to Cameron.

Stephanie Zalfelds has been appointed as brand experience director – national shows and events, reporting to Power. Zalfelds also has a long career working in SCA promotions. Zalfelds’ role is effective immediately.

1 Like

More staff SCA are shifting off their books to Listnr in the hope the business and staff is bought for some much needed cash for the debt laden company.

2 Likes

1 Like

As mentioned on the ‘Seven West Media’ thread:

1 Like

HT&E has released their Full Year 2022 financial results this morning.
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02633573-2A1431832?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

1 Like

The map on page 28 shows the Super Radio Network stations that ARN represent, but don’t differentiate them :thinking:

1 Like

These stations are represented by TRSN which is now owned by ARN. That is why they list these stations even though they are owned by SRN , and Star 104.5 Nova entertainment.

I guess if Nova entertainment were to sell Star 104.5, ARN would snap it up,. The same if the SRN came up for sale. New fm and 2HD would have to be excluded as there is too much overlap with Muswellbrook.where ARN owns Power and 2NM. Grant that owns Bay and Krock could purchase New fm and 2HD and use a similar programming arrangement that they have in place in Geelong ?

Actually 2HD would more likely to be a purchase candidate for SEN the more I think about it.

1 Like

The slide says “ARN Stations” and doesn’t differentiate between the ones they own and the ones they represent

2 Likes

I could see that happening. It’s currently the only regional station that Nova owns, whereas all of their other stations are in metro markets.

Another “odd-one out” station that Nova owns is FiveAA in Adelaide, which I could see them sell it to Nine if they want to divest it. That way, Nine would own all of their radio stations in all 5 major capitals.

I would think that ARN would want to do it the other way around by acquiring 2HD & New FM, and then selling 2NM & Power FM to Grant. If Seven and HT&E were to merge, then ARN would have to sell off 2NM/Power FM anyway due to the “number of voices” rule.

2 Likes

I find it interesting that Nova (then DMG) hung onto Star104.5.

Was this their way to try and emulate what ARN have done with CADA96.1?

1 Like

DMG originally kept Star104.5 and Hot91 when they sold the regional stations. My understanding is that Mac Bank didn’t want them because they would have been expensive stations and by already buying the Sea/Mix/2GO combos from RG Capital they would have had to sell them off anyway, most likely at a lower price than they’d have bought them for. This is different to how they treated other markets as they wanted to pick and choose which stations they kept in those markets.

DMG were keen to hold onto them as they were higher value stations which performed more similarly to their metro stations, but in terms of revenue and advertising. They only sold Hot91 because they had to sell either Hot91 or their half of 97.3 when they bought the Nova licence, and discussions to sell 97.3 fell over.

3 Likes