Hit Network

Don’t they record 2-3, then go live 3-5?

1 Like

That sounds logical given Carrie’s “The Project” commitments.

3 Likes

I believe they used to just do a “live” show from 2-5 and play it an hour delayed, but then realised it wasn’t working with callers etc. so changed to recording the 5-6 hour from 2-3, then going live 3-5. On days neither has commitments at 10 they do the show fully live. That will of course be the normal now.

4 Likes

For once, SCA will be the clear winner with Carrie’s departure from The Project.

4 Likes

Depends how you look at it. If The Project dips further with Carrie’s departure, their TV network will suffer.

3 Likes

From the RadioInfo article:

From 5 December the Hamish & Andy podcast will be played in Hit’s Breakfast slot across the nation leading into Christmas and gives listeners a chance to hear the laughs, gags and comedic genius of the duo on the radio waves once again.

SCA is taking a different approach this summer, broadcasting highlights from a podcast rather than a live, national breakfast show as in previous years.

2 Likes

Let’s face it, re-runs of H&A are probably more listenable than some of the cheesy summer line-ups.

… And does it include 2DayFM this year? Or are they running non-stop music? …

6 Likes

possibly but it shows a lack of faith in the up and comers in the organisation. Summer breakfast is the perfect time to blood some new talent and try some new combos without too much blowback.

6 Likes

Highlights! HA… That wouldn’t give them much content!

2 Likes

They start from Monday 5th December, airing at 4-7pm weekdays.

4 Likes

Again, will this include 2DayFM?

In recent years, they’ve been doing their own Summer music-based line up.

2 Likes

Kinda like the later drive show. Surely more people commuting home at 6:30 than there would be at 3.

3 Likes

School pickup starts around 3. That’s part of the reason why the earlier drive shows tend to skew a bit more female than the later shows which tend to be more broad.

3 Likes

You know what, I’m not so sure anymore in this post-Covid world. Afternoon peak seems to be starting earlier from what I notice. There’s also quite different patterns on different days of the week. Mondays and Fridays seem very light on the roads, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays are 2 or 3 times busier.

3 Likes

If ARN does re-runs of Will & Woody, this’ll go head-to-head with them.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s some old documents I found buried away from B105.
There’s heaps more to share if anyone is partially interested.
Full link: https://imgur.com/a/mBJpIzG

9 Likes

I just love seeing the station referred to as FM104 rather than Triple M. The good old days of B105, FM104 and QFM. Although I recall they started ID’ing as Triple M almost immediately when B105 went to air, people referred to them as FM104 for years.

1 Like

I thought there was a period in between when they ID’d as FM104.5 … as I remember seeing an FM104.5 Rocks Noosa bumper sticker.

2 Likes

Did anybody listen to H&A across the Hit network this morning at breakfast?

How did it sound being pre-recorded? Was it pretty bland with no time & weather updates? And not even station ID mentions?

2 Likes