Community Radio

Was that Hawk FM the collaboration Hawkesbury Radio had with Hawkesbury Gold?
If so that collab ended a while back, Hawk FM doesn’t exist anymore.

I have heard however that ACMA will call the license very soon (Maybe even today…)

They have done a bit of trolling lately, what with FUKUFM that they did a few weeks back.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, I gathered it was just Hawkesbury Radio they were talking about, they just said Hawk FM?

2 Likes

I’m pleased that it will be resolved soon, finally.

1 Like

But will that be the end of it?

Is there a genuine community organisation or is it just a rort and in reality, a closed shop?

3 Likes

I’d like to think that the new license holders will take note of that’s exactly why 2VTR lost the licence last time and not make the same mistake.

3 Likes

Never belief what you read on Facebook, the only people who have any idea about who will get the licence are the ACMA and they wont be announcing anything until Christmas.

From speaking directly to all of the groups, every group reckon they are in prime position to win the licence, but in the words of the highlander “There can only be one!”.

At the end of the day, it really doesnt matter who gets the licence, as long as the winner has the ability/structure/constitution to allow the members from the other groups to join and get access. This was the key ingredient that the old Hawkesbury Radio lacked and i suspect that this the key feature the ACMA will be seeking in the successful candidate.

Bring on Christmas!

3 Likes

I normally don’t but this wasn’t info from some public post, it was from a closed industry Facebook group.

5 Likes

I believe it will be on or before the 5th of December as that’s when the when the licenses expire.

3 Likes

Green Room?

No, another one. Same rules etc. to be a member but moderated by different people.

1 Like

I reckon the minister would have to sign off on the allocation, as there will be six unhappy campers when the decision is made.

1 Like

And it doesn’t matter WHO gets in that context … as there will STILL be six unhappy campers regardless.

2 Likes

There is to many… Too much ego in those little groups for me lol

1 Like

To many, Hawkesbury gold have how many presenters?

No Doubt this will ruffle a few feathers but I personally think with all the childish bullshit thats gone on between all the different groups that are trying to get the licence that none of the applicants are suitable for a community licence, I also hope that the ACMA use their brains and decide that no one is in the spirit of Community Radio and decided to not extend the Temp Community Licence and also not allocate the licence at all as a lesson to all future Community Licence applicants that if you don’t play by the rules you get nothing

3 Likes

Using that logic, pretty much most community radio stations would lose their licences. Its ok for community radio to have a certain degree of politics, bun fights and disagreement, infact its normal, as long as everyone gets access to become a member, get a show on air if they want and generally be able to participate. I remember my first community radio shift as a kid, i got 1 hour a week and loved every minute of it.

However, if you want to run a dictatorship, then community radio isnt for you. Id suggest starting an online station, narrowcast or buy a commercial station.

5 Likes

Had the honour of broadcasting this morning at the local Remembrance Day commemorations in Bacchus Marsh. We will remember them.

5 Likes
5 Likes

89.9 Pulse FM - Hawkesbury missing its stereo pilot today.
Studio mic having some 50Hz hum issues too…

3 Likes

Yeah still an upgrade from last broadcast where they were heavily over modulated, and from what I could tell having two signals on, one stereo and the current mono transmitter.

4 Likes