Community Radio

I was wanting to listen to or view (RDS) the next chapter of dummy spit radio in the Hawkesbury. So far just an open carrier on 89.9 & surprisingly no stereo carrier either in Hawkesbury Gold’s timeslot.

Update: Now dead air, no signal…

3 Likes

No pulseFM today either, I will check the iHeart stream…

update still streaming… haven’t heard MJ yet
Stream drops in and buffers out for a bit, nothing out of the ordinary, maybe be playing ”am I ever gonna see face again”

On repeat

Wtf is going on lol

2 Likes

I note this evening that they’re back on air, but Angels song still stuck on the iHeart Radio stream. I’ll try to have another listen tomorrow morning.

I was going to listen on their website, but the Pulse FM website Security Certificate has expired.

3 Likes

Very Odd re Pulse FM, Websites down, streams down and all of yesterdays broadcast it was on the fall back audio, nothing from Pulse at all.

Their main server is http://thassos.cdnstream.com:5307 which has been down since Monday.

There’s still a few updates on Facebook, but odd they didn’t think to mention any of these disruptions.

Maybe they got rejected by ACMA like I reckon Hawkesbury Gold did, so they have up and cleared out.

Edit:
Currently both WHCR and the fallback playlist the Pulse FM was playing while offline are on at the same time, I would say Joe Safi from WHCR has hooked his transmitter into the same power outlet at Pulse FM and turned them both on by accident.

Edit 2:
Video for those interested:

2 Likes

Should change the tune in branding to community radio plus !! I was the one who started promoting it on Apple lol

Quality bus👍

6 Likes

Busco just played some George Carlin on SWR 99.9. Something you’d probably not hear on other stations. I’m all for it.

Maybe we’ll get to hear Seven Dirty Words at some point in the future.

1 Like

If only the stream for Hawkesbury Radio worked then it would be on pretty much every radio streaming platform…

Nice bus, would look good with a community radio plus app sticker on it :v:

If the tech peeps at CBAA had fixed it when I made them aware “months ago” I could of gotten a sticker made up for the HR bus… oh well :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’m spewing I can’t broadcast at the Strawberry and Cherries Festival which is the main event in Bacchus Marsh.

I’ve got work and won’t make it back in time. I will though be hosting our coverage of the local Remembrance Day service in a few weeks time .

Play Anzac Day/ Country music and a few speeches + national anthem etc etc

3 Likes

what the strawberry and cherries festival?

1 Like

“Get some Apple on with your strawberries and cherries.”

1 Like

Pretty much why the station is called Apple!

They grow Jonathan apples in Bacchus

5 Likes

While I am here - may as well plug my show😂

Tune in - on at 6pm with a news update from Leo Puglisi + plenty of tunes! Taking requests as well

6 Likes

Out of interest, what was the first community station in Australia?

2 Likes

A Google search says Radio Adelaide … 1972

6 Likes

I noticed that Community Radio Plus now works in the car - at least Carplay.

Currently it seems that you can only see stations near you plus any you have saved. I couldn’t immediately see any way to browse all stations.

4 Likes

I noticed Phoenix Radio listed as a community station for Ipswich and Springfield.

This despite it being an on-line station and associated with USQ.

2 Likes

I guess given they are online only they can say whatever they like.

3 Likes

It’s like Pokémon go for community radio :joy:

1 Like

They did broadcast for a number of hours a day on 1197 Brisbane back in the days when I was involved with BYR

3 Likes

Anyone here want to confirm or elaborate, I saw a Facebook post over the weekend from someone saying they had it on good authority, that from the end of the month, Hawk FM takes exclusive rights to the 89.9 licence?

And apparently one of the Hawkesbury Gold presenters trolled Triple H about broadcasting cricket was a great way to lose listeners.

4 Likes