Community Radio

It’s a poor allocation considering 3ONE Shepparton is just down the road.

its called one fm shepparton

That could explain why there’s an allocation for an AM HPON service on 1296 kHz in the Albury LAP if the AM service was never taken up by TheLight.

3 Likes

@dxnerd was referring to it’s callsign rather than on-air branding. It’s easily confused, particularly when a station identifies with only part of it’s callsign.

2 Likes

Yep, but I like to be a nerd and use the official callsign! It does help in a few situations such as distinguishing 2SEA Eden from Sea FM (4SEE) Sunshine Coast and 4SEA Gold Coast.

There is of course 2ONE in Katoomba also, now The Edge.

4 Likes

And 2CFM (SeaFM) Gosford.

4 Likes

Tuned in tonight to Harmony FM hawkesbury out of curiosity, and they’re playing the top 40 songs supposedly from this week in 1981. The announcer keeps on noting from this week, but it seemed to have been either the 18th or 25th Jan 1981. I thinks so, because I thought Antmusic was at number one this week in feb. So had to check this out, so what do you know, it was John Lennon at #1. So this week finally they put on a fresh countdown.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Badgerdarkness/australian-top-100-singles-09-february-1981/

Well, certainly love the music, can’t believe all that stuff from Blondie to Jona Lewie, and Dr Hook to John Lennon is 40 years old, anyway, the news and weather they were playing was also a few days old, somewhat of a laugh. This is considering they’re trying to get a license for the hawkesbury, but they have advertisers from Penrith to the Blue Mountains; heard a Katoomba business advertised on there a few weeks ago, so not sure what area they’re trying to get a license for.

3 Likes

Community Radio can be full of surprises.
Listening to 106.9 2VOX FM this morning I heard a station promo by Ray Burgess.

OMG. I recall that Aussie music artist from the 70’s on Countdown etc.
Not a name I’ve heard for some 30 years, nor can I recall hearing any of his music since the 70’s…

1 Like

@anonymousbroadcaster : I’d be interested to see what you think of my ‘Billy Bob’s Retro Countdown’ programme. I just play a selection of the Top 50 (or 100, where available) in a two hour slot. Would you happen to have access to the Top 100 for all weeks from 1979-2000? That would be a great help if so.

It airs Thursday afternoons 1300-1500 on Braidwood FM.

2 Likes

anonymousbroadcaster
It is very interesting reading your comments… Referring to Harmony FM, Harmony is on air for one day a week ONLY Wednesdays. Your comments indicating news and weather etc you would have listened on the web because we were not on air the day you spoke about actually three days before this. NOW we do not worry what goes to air from our web stream when we are not on the 89.9 spectrum for we only pay for the news for Wednesday. I have gone through the months on this site and I see you and another have some problem with Harmony it is clear, we think we know who you are. I am going to talk to admin here and my advice is to just lay off Harmony FM. Graham ‘Spider’ Webb 67 years as a broadcaster on television and radio.

2 Likes

Community radio at its finest, old man threatening people.

7 Likes

Anyone else here listen to 99.7 Bridge FM 80s show on a Saturday night? Wow the depth of songs is amazing. Too many forgotten classics and rare tracks to list - but I absolutely love it. Even left the radio on low while drifting off to sleep last night as I was enjoying it so much. Haven’t done that since the 90s.

2 Likes

You can see their log here (link correct as of Sunday 28th Feb): 99.7 Bridge FM playlist

1 Like

Thanks. I suspect whoever is programming Bridge FM on Saturday was around when FM104 ruled Brisbane in the 80s. There are a few dead giveaway tracks there - songs that were quintessential FM104 tracks, namely:

Rumbleseat / JCM
So Much For Love / Venetians
Beats So Lonely / Charlie Sexton
The World Seems Difficult / Mental as Anything
First We Take Manhattan / Jennifer Warnes
Day by Day / Hooters
In the Mood / Robert Plant
When the Generals Talk / Midnight Oil

This could have been an actual FM104 playlist from the mid- to late-80s

3 Likes

Their overall playlist is pretty good too, though I have most of the tracks in Sumo FM.

3 Likes

Sydney has a good weekly 80s program in SWR 99.9’s “Awesome 80s” at 4-8pm Saturdays.

You can see the log here, and compare it with Bridge FM’s 80s show: SWR Triple 9 playlist

I’ve discovered just yesterday that 2BACR 100.9 in Bankstown also has an 80s program on a Saturday night called “Rock of the 80s”, which airs at 6-9pm.

6 Likes

Maybe if you didn’t block people from your social media sites and stopped bullying people into submission, then there wouldn’t be such an issue.

2 Likes

Everything else aside, this is such a bizarre statement. Your web stream represents your station, your organisation and therefore your community just as much as an FM broadcast does - hell, given the timesharing agreement, I’d argue the web stream is even more important to demonstrate your group can make a service viable.

5 Likes

Nice to see so many are interested in the Harmony FM licence, I would be a little worried if we were never mentioned. We will continue getting this great station out there to the Hawkesbury Seniors and later the Sydney Seniors hopefully. Playing the best of the 50s, 60s and 70s.

1 Like

Delusional, the stereotype of an insular community station

3 Likes